T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I have photoshop, illustrator, corel etc I have tried the tracing methods but I cannot get my pictures to look as good as this. There is alot better detaiil in this decal and how do you get the outline around it. Anyone give me some help.. I am trying to practice before my vinyl cutter gets here.

Attachments

·
Registered
58 Posts
I use Corel and I have never liked the tracing program that comes with it. If i wanted to make that into line art for a plotter, I would pysically go around the enitre image with the pen tool or convert to curves a square and add nodes. Watch this link, its fast but you get the idea...

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TaxI8lDDaLw[/media]

·
Registered
20 Posts
I use Adobe Illustrator for all my vinyl products. For the outline of the dog the best tool to use is the pen tool. Once you get the white outline choose the size stroke you want then no fill. Then go to object>outline stroke i think. If you don't use the pen tool much check out a few tutorials on youtube. You would have to outline the the white inside the dogs head first and then draw the eye and accents on top of that layer. As for the text, I just use the original adobe fonts and go to object>expand. Hope this helps. Gavin

1 - 3 of 3 Posts