T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I am new to this and I could really use some help. I have an embroidery business out of my home, but I am wanting to start tshirt printing. I would like to open a business with heat press or screen printing or something of that nature. Any ideas or suggestions would be great!
thanks so much

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I'd just start by reading through all the threads on this forum which will answer most, if not all, of your questions.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I've recently started in the vinyl decal business, so I'll be popping in quite a bit for advice and answers as well. I've heard the embroidery equipment is really expensive, but I've thought about doing some of that too...Any recommendations?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I started with a machine that was less that $1300 it is a Bernia. It is great for small projects and t-shirts. I am glad I started with it first because I have learned so much from using it and have made my money 3 fold. My partner and I have now have a Babylock which averages starting from 6000.00. It is great! If I can help let me know!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Wow, you guys are goin strong! How long in the business? I've done some decal work already for a local little league football team, and I think they'll be wanting me to remake all their leagues' helmet decals, along with some possible shirts, so I'm off to a good start for only a month in. My USCutter vinyl plotter ran about $460 w/shipping, and for a cheap brand, I'm very happy with it. Do you do a lot of heavy advertising, or word of mouth? I wanna drum up more business soon, but not TOO much.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts