T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI everyone! My husband and I have recently started a t-shirt business. We have a mug press that we have never used and it didn't come with instructions. The t-shirt press we have is good but also came with very little instructions. We may have a potentially great client if I can figure out how to work everything. I also have a hat press and plate press. So I guess I just need some good suggestions. Thanks

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
:welcome:Hi and welcome to the forum you can ask for help here but we do need to know what kind of help do you need.

·
Premium Member
7,661 Posts
HI everyone! My husband and I have recently started a t-shirt business. We have a mug press that we have never used and it didn't come with instructions. The t-shirt press we have is good but also came with very little instructions. We may have a potentially great client if I can figure out how to work everything. I also have a hat press and plate press. So I guess I just need some good suggestions. Thanks

Hello and welcome to the forum. :)

What printers do you have? This is important because with everything you want to make, you will need printers, and probably two of them, unless you buy a combination printer that does dye sub on one side and pigment on the other.

Tee shirts, totes, aprons, etc: (cotton and cotton blend products)

You will need a pigment ink printer for the tee shirts and other cotton products you may want to add. You will need inkjet heat transfer paper to transfer the image to the shirt.

I recommend JPSS (jetprosofstretch) paper. It is colorfast, stretches with the shirt instead of cracking, and has a light hand (feel on the front of the shirt). That is for lights and whites.

Mugs, plates, etc: The hard stuff. This will be done with sublimation dye. You will need a paper that is used just for this process. You will need supplies that are specially coated, you can't use just any mug or plate, it has to be prepared to accept the dye sub ink. Sublimation is often called dye sub.

When folks do both processes:

Alot of folks will use one printer with pigment ink and another one with dye sub ink. When they want to print a dye sub item, use the dye sub printer, and when they want to make a tee shirt, they print on JPSS. Epson's work well for these processes.

You are lucky, if you don't already have a printer, and you don't mind re-furbs, the Epson C120 printer is for sale at epson.com for $31.20 with free shipping. It is a great deal. You could have your printers squared away for under $65.

They you would just need the dye sub ink (maybe from dyesubshop.com) and and you'd have 2 sets of Epson ink carts to start you off with. Then you could order re-fill carts from someone like inkjetcarts.us and be set.

(I have a few refurbs they all work fine)

Once you have the supplies you need, if you don't already, then you can start pressing. Each of the products, like JPSS will come with directions on how to press it, plus there are instructions all over the forum on how to do each of the items you mention.

I hope this helps get you started with info and maybe to more questions to help get you rolling. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts