T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am just getting started in the biz. Done a lot of research and have come up with this game plan.
Epson WF7110 with CISS (inkjet)
HPN signature series heat press 16"x20"
Paropy light and dark heat transfer paper

Any one have a better option for starting up?
thanks

· Registered
10,809 Posts
Looks like to me that you will be very limited to offering transfers that you print on an inkjet printer. Have you considered other products such as vinyl, sublimation, plastisol transfers, etc. ?

· Registered
10,809 Posts
Just offering transfers printed with a laser or inkjet printer. There are so many other custom products that can be produced with a relatively small investment in equipment.

· Registered
10,342 Posts
Here is a better plan.
Top line heat press, $2K to $6K depending on what you get, 16x20, get a stand and air press and open. If you can't go that high, 16x20 swinger.

Vinyl cutter, $1800. Supplies $500, Consumables $X,XXX
If you can get it a printable cutter, $18K.

CorelDraw $500

Add plastisol transfers, get accounts with all the majors.

Find a contract embroidery shop that can do you emb.

Now you have shirts, polos, bags, banners, signs. That will keep you busy, just get out there and hustle.

There you go. Did I miss anything?

· Registered
1,600 Posts
Here is a better plan.
Top line heat press, $2K to $6K depending on what you get, 16x20, get a stand and air press and open. If you can't go that high, 16x20 swinger.

Vinyl cutter, $1800. Supplies $500, Consumables $X,XXX
If you can get it a printable cutter, $18K.

CorelDraw $500

Add plastisol transfers, get accounts with all the majors.

Find a contract embroidery shop that can do you emb.

Now you have shirts, polos, bags, banners, signs. That will keep you busy, just get out there and hustle.

There you go. Did I miss anything?
Brandy butter.
That's like a Christmas wish list from a spoilt kid.

He'd get,
a five in one heatpress (mugs hard substrates, hats, etc)
A good printer is a must so go with Epson if your confident enough but fool proof would be sawgrass For Dye sub, or a Brother for solvent (try to afford A3)
A cameo 3 for vinyl and transfer cutting.
and a visit to embroidery shops to find out about them and get their card so you can send them the people that insist on embroidery initially.
Then it's just supplies to keep in stock.
Build a business not work for the banks.

· Registered
164 Posts
You will only need a cutter like a Cameo 3 !
With your printer and the transfer paper you can make full graphics design and transfer to T-shirt!
With the Cameo 3 you can cut vinyl and other materials like decals
So if you buy also a cutter you are not limited and is a good start!

· Registered
10,342 Posts
Brandy butter.
That's like a Christmas wish list from a spoilt kid.

He'd get,
a five in one heatpress (mugs hard substrates, hats, etc)
A good printer is a must so go with Epson if your confident enough but fool proof would be sawgrass For Dye sub, or a Brother for solvent (try to afford A3)
A cameo 3 for vinyl and transfer cutting.
and a visit to embroidery shops to find out about them and get their card so you can send them the people that insist on embroidery initially.
Then it's just supplies to keep in stock.
Build a business not work for the banks.
Our first cutter was $400 on ebay, US Cutter, pile of junk but I made my money back on the first order. It ran for 5 years before we sold it for $200. During that time we made several hundred thousand dollars on it.

I don't think $5K to start up is too much for a real business and I don't think the inkjet transfers are very good. We did that to start and trashed it after 2 orders. Dyesub does work but we are apparel, not promo products for the most part. We almost never do dyesub apparel.

As far as the heat press, go with a good one and it will last for years. If you get a cheap one, save your pennies to get the good one.

After all, you are serious or you are not.

BTW, I don't think 5% interest on a 5 year bank loan is working for the bank. Of course I had to prove I could pay it back. It helped that I had a storefront, which I don't any more.

Reactions: Dekzion
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.