T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys and gals. Just wanted to shoot off a quick intro into the forums.

I go by "Q" and I run a small printing business out of my garage. We deal with silk screens, htv, and heat transfers. Business was started last year and I'm sort of getting the hang of printing shirts, but would like to step it up a notch.

I've gotten my sellers permit, but have not put it to use. I've been buying my shirts from 3rd party sites. I want to start buying from wholesalers, but what concerns me is the end of year tax on these shirts. I've search google for answers, but i guess i'm not searching the correct keywords.

So lets say i buy a large amount of shirts to keep stock. Lets just say about 300 shirts. Am i responsible to pay the tax on all these shirts at the end of the year? What if i only end up using 100 of those shirts :confused:. Can anyone please advise how this seller permit works and buying from wholesalers. Btw I'm from California. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I know this was suppose to be just an intro, but i thought i'd throw this out there too. Sorry to the admins, if this was posted in the wrong section.

Thanks,

·
Registered
6,874 Posts
I agree with Dan. That really is a question for an accountant. Any of the forum?...speak up!!

Also, welcome to the forum. Nice to have you with us.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.