T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone

I'm new to the forum. Been printing T's for 3 years now. I use a manual Antec Legend 8 color press and a Brown single point halogyn exposure unit. Looking forward to an educational journey through these hallowed halls of enlightenment!

·
Registered
675 Posts
WE also use an Antec 6/4 w/ an Antec auto base flash dryer, and also use a Brown halogen exposure unit w/ the dry box under the exposure unit, as well as their conveyor dryer.
The Antec is a great press. Ours went under 6' of water from Hurricane Katrina, thought it was lost, but Tom over at Antec told me to pull it out, power wash it off, clean it w/ steel wool & oil, grease it well, and it will be fine. He was right, and still use it today. Just had to replace the platens. Luckily the water came up to right below the flash dryer head, so that survived, but had to replace the auto base, and it seems in 3 years, we had 3 different parts break on the current auto base. Our previous auto base we had for many years, and never had a single problem with it.
We also had a 10/12 automatic Tuff press; had many problems with it as it was purchased used, so it was a blessing that the flood took it to "auto press heaven", and got paid for it by insurance. Now we sub our multi color work out, and that works well for us.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts