T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wanted to say "Hi" - Have been doing some embroidery on apparel for a couple years, and have developed many interests with tshirts since then. I now have a 15x15 heat press and am doing a few 'store bought' transfers with it. I have an Epson C88 printer that I have been wanting to equip with a set of pigment inks & maybe a bulk unit; and I would really like to try a one color setup for silkscreening with plastisol inks eventually, and then do my own plastisol transfers (Of course that would mean probably bigger and better toys - like a 6 color press :] ). Thanks in advance for your help, Joe

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the welcome, Chris, Rodney, hope I can give to the forum as much as I get out of it, and maybe more! :-] Joe

·
Registered
122 Posts
We have similar backgrounds. I have also operated an embroidery shop for a few years and am in the process of adding heat transfers. I brought a C88+ printer. I wasn't happy with the color shifts using Durabrite inks. I have a CIS system and Magic Mix inks that I will try. Ink should be here today. I'll let you know how that system works.

Welcome.

Jim

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Jim, thanks for welcome, I wish I could call mine a shop - I've been trying to carve a niche in the construction trade, working out of my home as I work the trade, embellishing USA made apparel. Haven't done too well and need to find another niche to add on. Transfers seem to be the ideal way to go for me, thou I would like to have a way to create custom ones quickly. I ordered the magic mix inks with bulk unit along with transjet II paper and also, some thermoflex plus to try out on my vinyl cutter. After waiting for over three weeks, I emailed to find out it still hadn't shipped and to make a long story short, she cancelled my order. At the time I had a few people waiting with interest, but lost that momentum - I started looking at the pigmented inks called spectrabright, but have yet to order. Let me know how you make out with them - it sounds like the longevity of the inks are pretty good as I do not want to offer anything that would not last. I would of liked to have gotten a larger format printer as how I am wondering how well a 8 1/2 x 11 will be. Although I have been meaning to see if the C88 prints larger - 8 1/2 x 14 or more. Now, I am gaining interest in silkscreening, much larger designs - again, thanks for the welcome and hope the magic mix works well for you, Joe

1 - 6 of 6 Posts