T-Shirt Forums banner

new to the business!

114 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  nypdofficer1 
#1 ·
hello everyone! my name is Luke and i am in the process of staring my own t-shirt printing and promotional business. I am very excited and very discombobulated at the same time. I have all of this information and many things to-do but am just not sure where to start. I guess there is only one way to eat an elephant. I have everything i need to get started minus a few miscellaneous supplies. I have printed t-shirts for a couple of different companies before but havent ran my own business before. seems very overwhelming! I am currently a retail manager working 60+ hours a week and looking at jumping into this feet first hopefully within the next couple of months. I am so excited but totally freaked out at the same time! lol. i guess any advice or general direction would be awesome. thanks in advance!

:Luke

#2 ·
First of all, CONGRATULATIONS on your new business. Working for yourself whether full time or part time is extremely hard work but also extremely rewarding. My best advice to you would be to have a business plan. Lay out your immediate goals as well as your overall goals and the steps needed to achieve them. Secondly, don't go crazy spending huge amounts of money. Keep track of your spending. Customer service is key. Sometimes customers will even pay more because they know that how you treat them is worth a little more then the other guy. Mistakes WILL happen. How you go about them to fix it is what will separate you from the rest. I hope this helps you on your start. I wish you the best of luck Luke and may the force be with you! Lol

#3 ·
lol! I can't go a day without a start wars reference! just got my upic and waiting on PPAI registration to be complete. registered my dba and received my ein. still need to get tax exempt status with the state and set up a business bank account. I already have customers wanting shirts! thanks for the support cesar!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.