T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all . ive been looking around this site and seems to have a lot of info . me and my wife are just starting out and are still waiting for our business paper work to come through so we as of yet still dont have our tax id # . we have been looking for a wholeseller to by t-shirts from and living here in newjersey we have limited service . we gone to nyc to check there and its about $27 per dozen i have seen that s&s from what i read here is pritty good and cheat but there is no pricing onthe site . in oder to register with them they ask for a resale id #. would be the same a tax id # or is this something else ? also if you have a account with them can you jus check prices for us . we've been looking just for this info while we wait for our dba lic thanks . black t-shirts and sizes s-xxl and the order would be ruffly 500 shirts deppending on price . thanks for any info you can offer

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so i would need this to resale the t-shirts we buy and make ? would i nned this before i sell through the website or to buy supplies only ?

·
Premium Member
27,698 Posts
sndplace said:
so i would need this to resale the t-shirts we buy and make ? would i nned this before i sell through the website or to buy supplies only ?

Yes, you are supposed to have a resale license/permit before you start selling for a number of reasons:

1) It helps your state keep track of sales tax that you're supposed to be paying for the sales you make within the state

2) It lets you buy from true wholesalers within your state without paying sales tax on the wholesale order because sales tax is normally only charged to the end user sale (the person that buys the printed design from you)

3) It identifies you as a officially registered reseller in your state when you want to buy wholesale at other major t-shirt distributors like Bodek and Rhodes, SanMar, etc (the places with the best pricing)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts