T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to make T-shirts with designs like:
http://www.famoussas.com/store/famoussas/images/items/drippin_chino_02_lrg.jpg

I can make a design like this on my computer, but how can i transfer it to the shirt?

What i am looking to do.

1. Make a design, and possibly send it off an have it printed for me.

2. While i am getting things going, I would like to get a machine that allows me to do this myself.

Is there a way to create a design, send it by computer to an at home machine that prints?

If not, how do you get the design from the computer to the shirt?

Thanks for your help. I have looked around the forum, but i don't feel like i have made sense of what i read.

note: i am not trying to steal the logo above and break copyright laws, it is just an example of what is close to my design goals. 98% of my designs will be black on white shirts, or white on black shirts.

thanks

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Sounds like a vinyl cutter might be the way to go for you. With a vinyl cutter, you put in a roll of vinyl to the machine, and it will cut along the lines of your artwork. You can them weed out the excess vinyl, and then finally heat press the design onto your shirt.

Vinyl is good for one color designs.

For the black print on a white t-shirt, you could use black vinyl, or ust use inkjet transfers. Vinyl will be nicer, but inkjet transfer may be slightly easier.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Try to read also some of the tips on the forum about creating designs for printing. If you make it on paper make sure that it will be scanned at at least 150dpi. If you will insert only text it will be easier to create it only on the computer.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts