1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I'm new here, and i can't stop reading!

Very informative.

I'm thinking of starting my own t-shirt business, but i'm a real newbies to this industry and don't know much about the technical side of things.

That's my short intro :D

·
Registered
86 Posts
:welcome:

Welcome this site is great so enjoy

And don’t feel shy to ask anything

Blessings rema

·
Premium Member
27,698 Posts
Welcome to the T-Shirt Forums!

I'm thinking of starting my own t-shirt business, but i'm a real newbies to this industry and don't know much about the technical side of things
I knew zilch about the technical (and non-technical) side of things when I started. I'm more of a jump-in and learn as you go type though. There's lots of information here to research just about all aspects of starting a t-shirt business :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the warm welcome :)

Well, i'm from Malaysia (it's in Asia, if you know where). The competition here is kindda stiff, both for price and quality.

My own ideal is not to compromise the quality of the t-shirt while keeping them at affordable price.

I’m a believer in branding, even with small budget, with my marketing background. My short term plan is to tap into the domestic market and finding retailer for my t-shirt. I’m focusing on getting the design to have a theme and a collection of maybe 5-8 designs per season (approx. 2-3 months). This way, imo, merchandising will be easier as well as the marketing plan/strategy.

One thing that I’ve been thinking of is production. Should I go with a manufacturer or DIY. I believe that going through a manufacturer, I can get a better quality of fabrication, or I could be wrong.

Anyway, thanks for reading.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts