T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Trying to get into dye sublimation for socks! I'm having issues finding an ink that will work with my epson 7520. Everything that I have found is only " piezo printing heads " compatible.

( I'm running a cobra ink CIS as well )

Any help would be awesome!

· Registered
172 Posts
Hey guys,

Trying to get into dye sublimation for socks! I'm having issues finding an ink that will work with my epson 7520. Everything that I have found is only " piezo printing heads " compatible.

What ink are "running" in that CIS? It needs to be "high temp" aka sub ink that Cobra Ink carries.

· Registered
8,073 Posts
I have always used Sawgrass....I know it is higher but it has worked me for 17 years. There are sources for other sublimation inks from China.if you go that route you will need an ICC profile specific to the ink and printer. A good supplier will have one for you. If they don't, go to the next. Such has been my experience.

· Registered
6,573 Posts
SubliJet IQ Epson WG1100/WF7010 Sublimation Refill Bag - C, M, Y,K

Anyone familiar with this ink and the 7520? Would it be compatible?
This topic came up a while back and another user I deem reliable was using the 7520 and Sublijet.

4 color sublimation inks are universal within the Epson desktops, but Sawgrass uses a utility called Power Driver instead of an ICC profile

Sawgrass only came out with Power Driver for the 7010, but the other user confirmed it could work on the 7010 OK. I would suggest you contact several dealers and get a double confirmation on this as I can't confirm myself personally.

As an aside, you are getting gouged using Sawgrass inks, huge ripoff. The patent will be expiring soon (9/1/14) and there will be competition in this market very soon.

I use Cobra inks, they are in the US and provide support and ICC profiles for the 75XX family, and others.

· Registered
6,573 Posts
Hey guys,

But the Epson 7520 does employ
piezo printing head technology. :D

Other print heads use heat to transport the ink flow thru the head and won't work as the sublimation process is heat activated and will actually start the sublimation process before the ink hits the paper.

But the Epsons and Ricoh are both piezo printing head technology and use electrical charge to transport the inks without any heat.

· Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

· Registered
6,573 Posts
Sublimation Ink For Epson Stylus Photo 1290 1400 1430 T50 T60 printer Perfect color on T shirt or Polyester Ship by Fedex-in Consumer Electronics on Aliexpress.com

What do you guys think about this ink? No driver tho for the ink :-/ He has good reviews, talked to him over skype and said will work fine but I don't know if he is just trying to make a sale or not.
No ICC profile. You need one to get accurate colors. Those inks may "work fine" but your colors going to be funky without one.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.