T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry about the newb question, but I can't figure this out. Happens on all designs we print. The ink gathers in one corner of the screen and all the prints come out looking awful. We have all other aspects of the job worked to a science, but when it comes to printing, our test print looks decent, then the rest look pretty bad.

what are we doing wrong?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sure.. thanks for the reply. ok, the screens are all new. we just bout it all....

so, the right corner of the print always let's too much ink through... i'm gonna try to get some pics to post.

the in gets really thick in that one area.. I always make sure the screen is an 8th of an ich about the shirt. Perhaps its not level? do we need to get closer? or push harder?

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Give us some more details. What kind of ink are you using? What mesh is your screen? Are they new screens? Where did you get the screen? Do you push or pull the squeegee? What is your off contact?

·
Registered
274 Posts
This sounds like you are not applying even pressure with the squeegee. This is common for new printers, because your left and right arm are not equal in strength. If you are right handed, it is likely that the ink is building-up on the left side. You probably start out pretty strong, especially in the morning, but your week side will get tired sooner. Then, your ink builds-up and prints start to look bad. If this is the case, try to hold the squeegee firm and make your stroke with your WHOLE BODY, with a kind of backward stepping motion. In addition, you could move your stronger hand more towards the middle of the squeegee to help compensate. You could also try a push stroke instead of a pull stroke.

Good luck,
Mike

1 - 7 of 7 Posts