T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright so i just got a screen print set up made by ryonet. i need some help with set up. i don't have any plumbing in the room i am using for the dark room so what should i do for the washout booth? also can i use the washout booth for degreasing, reclaiming and all other stuff involving chemicals. i don't have a sewer system. we have a septic tank. are the chemicals bad for the septic tank? Thanks for the help,
Jim B

·
Registered
409 Posts
Welcome to the forums Jim B.

This is a great place to start looking for information on using a septic system for your washout needs.

You might look into installing some plumbing. I am still toting my waste water 120 feet to the toilet in 5 gallon buckets because i'm too lazy to buy a new sump pump. it is not fun.

good luck!

derek

·
Registered
390 Posts
WHEW!!! I thought we were the only ones using our shower for washout. You should be fine with the septic system. We have been in this house for 10 yrs on septic and no problems yet ( KNOCK ON WOOD). For reclaim of screens, we use a mop sink outside since the pressure washer would make a really big mess in the house. Good luck, its an adventure for sure.:D

·
Registered
456 Posts
To echo what was said before, septic system is ok. Those micro organisms love munching on that emulsion and what little ink goes down the drain settles to the bottom of the septic tank. I had our septic pumped out after 5 years of use and the guy said there was no extra build up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts