T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I started printing (DTG) shirts to compliment my etched glassware. I put this site together and don't know if it's working or not. I need to learn about keyword and search engine optimization. I started making custom etched glassware a few years ago, primarily for wineries and wine festivals. I had some images, so I decided to print them on shirts. I listed on Etsy and Ebay and sales have grown. I put this site together so I could try and get away from the fees of Etsy and Ebay.

Please review my site and let me know what needs to be changed or improved, and how to get it noticed on Google

Thanks

www.customshirtsbyrich.com

·
Registered
378 Posts
All looks good to me, everything seems to load & work ok. The "shop now" overlay on the homepage does kind of dissappear into the red table banner of your photo so maybe a colour change on the overlay. The only thing I would say about the shirts is personally I think the smaller designs look too high on the chest, starting near the collar works with large designs but to me just looks wrong when you wear them with smaller designs.

Sorry unfortunately unable to offer much SEO advice, other than that the more individual locations it appears on web pages(facebook,instagram etc etc) with hyperlinks that your web pages have to it is recognised by google along with visits to your page by unique visitors(so each individual image you upload anywhere needs to hyperlink to your site page(s). You could also link all of your own pages to each other as well.

You also may need to consider increasing the number of "keywords" present on each of your pages. as an example on this page....

https://www.customshirtsbyrich.com/...k6g-f4a2y-xt8l7-ktcft-t5ken-ryh2t-ep7xm-nl43m

add aeroplane t shirt, plane t shirt etc etc. Personally I would put the majority of the keywords at the bottom of the page in a smaller font so that they dont clutter your current shirt descriptions.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the advice. I had to learn how to use photo shop to make the shirt pictures. When I print them they are positioned properly. I've been doing this part time for about 8 months, my day job keeps me working 50-60 hours a week. I think I've made about 250 shirts, between Etsy , Ebay and person to person sales. Right now it's a 60/40 split between etching glasses and shirt sales. I really need to get my head around the keyword and search engine algorithms. I look at the traffic and analytics and basically get zero traffic. I guess I'll have to find someone to do it for me.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Don't be sucked into all this keyword and SEO nonsense. Very few websites are successful without a solid business presence behind them.
I don't think this is entirely true. As an example try a google search for.... "t shirt king kong" then go into google images and you'll see plenty of hits from websites you've never seen or heard of before because of good SEO.

·
Registered
378 Posts
When I print them they are positioned properly.
Cool, but remember, especially when as a shopper you're looking at lots of webpages - many individual webpage visits are momentary & purchase decisions can me made in seconds or fractions of, so it's very important to represent your product in the best possible way.

I look at the traffic and analytics and basically get zero traffic. I guess I'll have to find someone to do it for me.
Perhaps, but it's still good practice as with anything to have an understanding of it especially if it's something you're going to spend money on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvwS7cV9GmQ

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm no good for seo since I haven't done it in years but i can comment on a few things i noticed design wise with the site.

Main navigation isn't very prominent, should be on a solid background imo, maybe darker background than band or white and should be right after the top band. Logo should also be inside it maybe have the black as white and remove the white background behind it. Custom and Printed have a side gap making it offset from center, Shirts is fine. When i first visited I didn't know there was a shop now button. I'd make it a solid background.

T-shirts at bottom shouldn't cut the display images off (this is more personal taste but look bad imo), contact email shouldn't be there, should be a larger text heading there describing what's under instead, tee shirt images should be centered on page, shouldn't have huge space gaps at top bottom, they should also be linked to their product page.

Presentation is everything.

I wouldn't put the email on site since it will be spidered and spammed but if required, I'd put the email in footer same font size as links or at right in top band, bumping up the fonts there a 1px or 2. Otherwise phone number at top right.

Should add and setup an Instagram account, visitors love that.

Later on maybe add a newsletter input at the bottom of mainpage.

What you want to do is collect your sales traffic and bring them back to your site when you have new products available or promotions. Just don't over do it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I don't think this is entirely true. As an example try a google search for.... "t shirt king kong" then go into google images and you'll see plenty of hits from websites you've never seen or heard of before because of good SEO.
Besides doing some t-shirts for local players, I teach web design and web development and SEO is important as well as making sure that you are constantly updating your site some simple techniques for a good SEO:
1) Make sure the title of each page is different and with important keywords for you business (talking here about <title> tag)
2) Make sure you have researched some good keywords to use throughout you content without jamming too many keywords as it might be considered spam by Google robots
3) Make sure you have good headings with keywords (h1...h6) and make sure the words of your links are not URL's that they are words that are clear to the user where you are taking him/her to and with some nice keywords related to your business
4) Make sure your HTML and CSS code are valid and your pages are responsive (work well with mobile devices - since April/15 Google has penalized websites that are not responsive) - validator.w3.org is nice and easy to use to verify that
These are 4 simple rules

·
Registered
235 Posts
I know you are working on the site..
New Page page? .. too wordy! Add links to each of the shirt categories.
Double check grammar and spelling! Nothing worse than trying to read something and find a misspelled word or wrong word used. IMO. Example: on this link that was used above..
https://www.customshirtsbyrich.com/shop-online/50s-ford-emblem-48fgn-epndp-46f42-hr6rm-kg3ye-mn95y-dp5yx-lnd8p-eabzn-hnlkx-jgclp-48rds-xdmmc-xc6je-ag7p2-c2g2k-kcjsw-2nhab-33gka-9mylm-65hty-br6sk-2b5p7-mkzb9-6yssj-dkd3x-hw3kz-8rgce-k63na-373ar-bsg7g-d4k6g-f4a2y-xt8l7-ktcft-t5ken-ryh2t-ep7xm-nl43m

"We use Direct to printer machines to print the image on the shirt."
Shouldn't it say Direct to Garment?

Can you make your logo bigger? And what is with the small thin red line at the top with the super small type? Not needed in my opinion.
Are you going to add the glassware eventually?

When you click on the Shop Now button on the home page.. it doesn't take you anywhere. Says the page has been removed.

Customers will spend seconds looking at your website. If it's not easy to navigate and simple to read they will lose interest.

I am assuming the URL for R&K Designs is taken? That's why you went with Customshirtsbyrick?

Good luck!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the input. I'm by no means a graphics or web designer. I'm an environmental test engineer, and really had to struggle to get it this far. It took me over a month to work out the images and pages. I am going to add glasses to the site with a new page, and add another page offering shirt / glass combo's. I don't know how to get the shop now button working. I got the shop online tab to work but that's about as far as I could get. It's seems the getting in touch with a person at squarespace is not very easy. I'll go over each add again to make sure I din't screw up something doing cut and paste, which looks like I did on that listing.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I would add more content on the homepage. If you are looking at it from a computer, there are 4 shirts to the left and nothing to the right. Looks empty/uneven. If you don't have more images then maybe place all of those in the same row?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.