T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I've had a t-shirt company for the past few years selling mainly in NY and NJ. Now I'm doing the Internet thing, starting with PrintMojo. Anyone have any experience with them? Even if they stink, I only bought twenty-four shirts, so no big deal.

My company is MAKEIT. I trademarked it a few years ago and have had only moderate success. I'm hoping to turn it into a clothing label, hoping people take to the motivational expression. What do you guys think?

Well good luck to all and I hope we all MAKEIT.

·
Premium Member
27,700 Posts
Hi mmmgreilly, welcome to the T-Shirt Forums!

I'm sort of biased about PrintMojo ;) but there are other members here who use the services.

Advertising and marketing is the key to getting people buying your shirts. You can have the greatest idea printed on the best shirts in the world, but if no one sees them (or the right people), then they may just sit on the shelf :)

Find out who your target market is. Once you have that narrowed down, you need to try to think like them. See what they read, what websites they visit, what search terms they use, what music they listen to, and get your product in front of their eyes when they are doing those things (search engine marketing, offline magazine ads, website ads/sponsorships, etc)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Rodney, thanks for the reply. Why are you biased regarding PrintMojo? Do you work with them, own them, etc.?

Great points about marketing. I'm just beginning this online, but have done sales in the past. My partner owns a big club in Manhattan and it is our intention of having a MAKEIT. night or weekend and give away a thousand T's. These seem to be the type of people who buy the new hype stuff and if word spreads, who knows. Please pass along some more info if you have some.

Mike

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Question then, if you don't mind. When you visit the home page, is there a way to visit other members webpages, not just see their shirts in the shop? I'd like to check out what alot of them look like for future ideas.

Mike

·
Premium Member
27,700 Posts
mmmgreilly said:
Question then, if you don't mind. When you visit the home page, is there a way to visit other members webpages, not just see their shirts in the shop? I'd like to check out what alot of them look like for future ideas.
The stores share the same common template that can be customized with a logo and opening text.

What makes them unique is the cool t-shirt designs in the store :) There is also a free php script that we have that allows you to host the printmojo store/products on your own site so you can customize the look and feel of the storefront even more on your own server.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts