T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hola,

My name's Tommy James and I've been a touring stand-up comedian for the last 6 years.

It occurred to me when I was in Shreeveport, LA, about 2 years ago, that I could double my money by selling t-shirts after my shows. (I used to sell a simple Hanes Beefy tee with one of my jokes on it for $20 and no one would even blink - sold 'em at the rate of 10, 15, even 25 a night)

Then, last September, I did a week in Atlanta (at the Punchline) and made $400-600 in t-shirt sales each night during a 5 night run.

Soon thereafter, the wheels were put in motion for me to build my own t-shirt site so I could sell some of those same shirts after I had left town. (two of the shirts that are straight from my act are in my current collection of 27 designs)

Thus, the birth of WickedMint.com

Some of the shirts are esoteric (Fork Evolution), some of them are full of false bravado (Future Wall of Famer), and a few of them are crude (See for yourself), but we like to think they're all funny and hope you do too.

Anyway, after long hours and lot's of red tape... the site recently went live.

Too answer any basic questions, we print on Alternative Apparel, get our labels from Lucky Labels (thank you t-shirt forums), have our printing done at Big10 in Culver City, CA (tell Dan that Tommy from WickedMint sent you) and use MonsterCommerce.com as our shopping cart.

In addition, all of our art is provided by Los Angeles area stand-up comics.

I hope you like the site and please note that we expect to have baby-doll tees within the next few weeks.

Thanks for reading my "way too long" intro. I hope to speak with you all very soon.

~TJ
WickedMint.com

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here's a joke I sold earlier this spring (I also sell monologue jokes to over 500 radio stations natonwide) :

Kid Rock told reporters that shows like American Idol are ruining the music industry. Then someone reminded him that his last two albums haven't exactly helped the cause.

TJ
WickedMint.com

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm thinking you mean Dom Irerra.

If so, I've worked with him a few times.

Actually working with him was my first ever professonal gig - Though I only got that job because his actual opening act got in a car accident and I happened to be at the club. It was a great opportnity and I ended up being really good friends with the guy who was in the accident.

~TJ
WickedMint.com

·
Premium Member
27,691 Posts
Hi TJ, welcome to the T-Shirt Forums!

I'm glad we could be of help to you already! That's cool that you found another income opportunity from selling t-shirts at your gigs. I think more comedians should do it!

One of my favorite t-shirts is from one of my favorite comedians, Mitch Hedburg (now passed away). I got to see him a couple of times in person and if he had more t-shirts with his jokes, I would have bought 'em.

Do you ever do Sacramento?

BTW, you can add your site to your signature so it automatically shows up after your posts: http://www.t-shirtforums.com/profile.php?do=editsignature

1 - 8 of 8 Posts