T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am new to basically everything to do with screen printing. I have watch countless videos and seen my very sucessful friends screen print many times. I am a newbie so pardon my stupid questions. My main question is, what is a good ink to start with. I know there is water based and pastol and all kinds of other things. And should I even worry about half tones right now. The few people that are curagous enough to let me try and make shirts for them do not have any half tones in their logos. I was thinking of using Union Inks cause I can pick it up local and I have heard good things about their inks. I just get even more confused when I goto the site to order things. I have a 4 station 4 color press, an atlas dryer a flash unit, wash tub. I am going to build my exposure unit tomorrow I think. I will be using a 1000 watt metal halide bulb with a shutter in the box so I can let the bulb warm up. I was alos wondering what emulsion is the best?

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
:welcome:We're glad to have you aboard.

You might get more answers if you posted your questions in the screen printing forum here on TSF.

Anyway welcome.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts