T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I'm in the process of adding embroidery to my screen print business. I would like to hear your opinions about your experience expertise as to which machines to look at and those to stay away from. I'm not looking at going huge off the start. Maybe a 1 or 2 head that has few if any problems with the machinery and sews well.
I've been trying to research different companies and only confuse myself with all the aspects of each machine. Tajima, Melco, Brother, Happy, SWF, Toyota, Highland, Barudan, etc. Please help!!
Thanks in advance!!!

· Registered
9,955 Posts
A single head will get you into the game but you can't make any money with it. You should look to a 4 head and find a good digitizer for the files to sew.

Reactions: prokegler

· Registered
200 Posts
We have tajimas and are very happy with them. I would stress there is a learning curve with embroidery like anything else, try not to get too discouraged. I would also, politely, disagree and say that there is money to be made with one head if that is all you can afford. Yes it takes longer to do a bigger order, i get that, but it can be done. You have to start somewhere. Good luck to ya and I hope everything works out for you.

I would totally agree on the above posters advise on getting a reliable digitizer. They are something you can't go without. I use 24hourartwork for cap/left chest size logos and they are fantastic. Economical and fast-and the logos always sew out great.

· Registered
373 Posts
I bought the machine just over 12 months ago 2nd hand, Im the 2nd owner. The machine is a 2004 model.

The guy who originally bought it hardly used it.

I have the machine running 6/7 days a week around 12 hours per day, I haven't had a single problem with the machine.

I keep the machine well oiled and greased in the correct places.

The embroidery quality is as good as it gets, Quality doesn't just come from the machine, It comes from proper digitzing, correct stabilization and correct tensions.

Let me know if you need any more advise

· Registered
2,651 Posts
Tajima here! I have two Neos. One was the first original Neo in southern NJ. It runs great seven days a week. The only repair was a bent picker caused while tracing a cap design. In addition to getting a great digitizer its important to stay away from bad jobs. I think beginners are often so eager to get work that they accept PIA jobs that experienced embroiderers don't want. These bad jobs can suck up all your time and energy and be very frustrating and unprofitable. If you concentrate on easy to moderate jobs then you'll be more profitable.

· Registered
182 Posts
Re: New to embroidery

Does anyone here have any experience with SWF 1501C machines?
I have one, great machine as such, just wish i'd went elsewhere to buy it as the company i bought it from have been as useful as a sun hat in the rain...... honestly the worst ever.... took my money then put blame on me once installed, also lied through teeth about what was possible and not possible so lets just say i'd never say YES to that company again, shame really as i've spent a fortune elsewhere afterwards on other equipment since

· Registered
9,955 Posts
Beware of brands of machines that nobody has heard of. As far as software, Wilcom is the best

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.