T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,​
My name is Layla and I'm not only new to the forum but to the whole DTG business. I'm about to purchase a Veloci-Jet to start my business. However, there are some things that I don't understand, e.g. the difference between FastINK and FastINK BRITE WHITE, the difference between Pretreat Paper and Silicone Paper.​
Is there a good book out there about DTG printing?​

·
Registered
679 Posts
Hi,​
My name is Layla and I'm not only new to the forum but to the whole DTG business. I'm about to purchase a Veloci-Jet to start my business. However, there are some things that I don't understand, e.g. the difference between FastINK and FastINK BRITE WHITE, the difference between Pretreat Paper and Silicone Paper.​
Is there a good book out there about DTG printing?​
Hi, congratulations on your purchase! I bought a veloci jet as well, and hope to pick it up in next week or so..:)

FastInk are the Cyan, Magenta, Yellow & Black inks, the Brite White is the white ink used for the underbase.

You will use the pretreat paper to press the shirt after applying pretreatment on the shirt. The silicon will be used for curing the shirt after it is printed. I believe the silicon is used so the ink does not stick to the paper & cure the ink properly.

I don't think there is a book specific to DTG, but there is a t-shirt printing book called: Amazon.com: How to Print T-Shirts for Fun and Profit! (9780963947413): Scott O. Fresener: Books
that broaches the subject.

Are you taking training?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you Chobay. I'm definitely buying the book. As for training, no. I'm not going to be able to be trained since I live in Saudi Arabia. I'm going to have to rely heavily on manuals, DVDs, and what I can learn from you guys.​

·
Registered
5,720 Posts
The Veloci-Jet Printer includes instruction manuals, cd's, and dvd's on operating the printer and software. In addition our Support Department will be able to help guide you by phone, email, or Skype and answer any questions you have. John (Chobay) gave you a good book recommendation. We have copies of that book and I will include one in your shipment.

Harry
Equipment Zone

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you Harry, you've been very helpful. That reputation of Equipment Zone is well earned.​

·
Registered
359 Posts
Hello, and welcome to the forums. Best wishes with DTG. We began offering our shirt fulfillment services years ago with a T-Jet, then a Brother, now Vipers. The evolution in direct to garment printing has been exceptional and exciting. Whatever your choice, once you figure out the nuances, you'll love it. I'm sorry I cannot offer advice on your specific printer. I just wanted to offer words or encouragement.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts