T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, Hoping for some help.

I bought a M2 DTG used and got it up, replaced print head and then did a nozzle check.
2 issues I see....

1. Black ink is being wasted far more than any other color. The waste tank is completely black. The ink pad is also completely black. I put in new 8oz ink and black is almost a 1/3 gone and all other colors are about 2/3 full still. This is before printing any shirts!

2. Second issue is Magenta barely fires. I get a few dashes on the nozzle check but thats it. All other lines seem ok. White has maybe 3 small breaks over all 4 lines, and black has a couple small breaks as well. Yellow and blue are perfect.

Coulld the Magenta be an issue within the damper? Maybe too much air?
The black ink being almost gone after doing a bunch of cleanings, but others being relatively full escapes me.

Any help issue appreciated.

Thanks

· Registered
4,495 Posts
I bought a M2 DTG used and got it up, replaced print head and then did a nozzle check.
New or used printhead?

I put in new 8oz ink and black is almost a 1/3 gone and all other colors are about 2/3 full still. This is before printing any shirts!
1/3 empty and 2/3 full are the same thing... so I think you mean 2/3 and 1/3 empty.
I cannot think of a reason for this, especially when all color channels are working.
One possible cause would be starting with clogged CMY and a working K.
Running multiple cleaning cycles under this condition (vacuum applied on the nozzle plate) would consume a lot of black ink but very little CMY.

Second issue is Magenta barely fires.
Most likely a damper issue, but could also be a cracked/damaged printhead manifold.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts