T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay so i picked up a vinyl express r serires and it neat and all. Also picked up some Oracle 651 and went to cut some practice stuff and hit a few problems.
cutting pressure: 100g wont cut it and 110g will cut it but sometimes cut through the liner. is that fine?
vinyl pulling up during cutting: is my speed to slow ? does my pressure have something to do with it?

·
Registered
996 Posts
Is this a new cutter? Sounds to me like your blade is shot.

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
okay so i picked up a vinyl express r serires and it neat and all. Also picked up some Oracle 651 and went to cut some practice stuff and hit a few problems.
cutting pressure: 100g wont cut it and 110g will cut it but sometimes cut through the liner. is that fine?
vinyl pulling up during cutting: is my speed to slow ? does my pressure have something to do with it?
How far is your blade extending from the blade holder? It should be no more then 1/2 the thickness of a credit card.

·
Registered
118 Posts
It'll actually depend on your material. Not all cutters and all material will required the blade to stick out 1/2 the thickness of the credit card.

I think the oracle stuff is sign vinyl so it might have a different thickness THAN heat transfer vinyl.

I guess I would try to change how far the blade is sticking out from the blade holder but adjust it according to how thick your material is. This method is free so might as well try first.

Then I would check your blade and protection strip. Have you tried cutting other material. If it is the same result, then I would change the blade. If the protection strip has large scratches on it, that will also affect the cut. If your cut lines are jagged or not continous, most of the time that is the blade holder and will need that replaced.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
its all less the two days old. so if i change how far it sticks out will that fix my pressure issue ? and i am working with sign vinyl

1 - 6 of 6 Posts