T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I am new to DTG printing and looking for any and all helpful tips. I work for a custom apparel business and our old DTG operator left in a timely manner, skipping the essential training one would normally get. I have some experience with vinyl transfers but nothing on this level. I was just the person that fit the position most appropriately so i got a major promotion, which is normally wonderful news but I am finding myself running into what i assume are simple, minor issues to a experienced operator, but to me they cause significant delays or issues with my production. I am using a Brother GTX pro printer, a Schulze pretreat machine (using Image Armour pretreatment) and a Dragon Air belt dryer. Any and all tips would be greatly appreciated I looking forward to consulting and working with everyone. Thank you in advanced.

·
Registered
4,063 Posts
i would hit up our member everson with a pm, and/or check out his site at dtgmerch
(he's a good egg)
he is in belgium i think, but he has an online training course specifically for dtg, and he is also just generally helpful

going in as a blind newbie is a tough journey on a dtg, much learning/experience is required of you, or your teacher

·
Registered
211 Posts
[email protected], for new staff and future staff we offer our Brother Academy to customers in the Americas which you can sign up by sending your printers serial number and information to [email protected]. Once that email is reviewed, an invite will be sent to your email address with instructions for creating a password and logging in. Once you have your login you can access the website, Sign in | Brother Academy. You can review our video once registered How to use Brother Academy - an online educational resource from Brother DTG

We also have a user guide we recommend printing for all daily GTXpro maintenance tasks; https://brotherdtg.com/support/files/gtxpro/downloads/GTXpro Daily Operations Guide.pdf.

You can also review common maintenance videos on our Vimeo page, https://vimeo.com/showcase/9560008.

Ensure you are always running the latest firmware and driver package found on our website, BrotherDTG.com/support. If you’re located within North America and still require additional technical assistance, please fill out a support ticket, User Support or contact your original dealer if outside these areas. If you don’t have this contact info, you should complete the form on this page - Brother GTX

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank You @into the T, I appreciate you reaching out and offering advice. @BrotherGTPrinter My work has me going through all of the videos I can in your academy already, but thank you for extending a helpful hand it is much appreciated. What i am most concerned with is just troubling shooting simple issues that wouldn't be critical, except i find myself wasting time, more than I'd care to admit, because of my lack of knowledge of this industry. But so far Ive keeping my head above water so lets hope things keep going that way. Again thank you both

1 - 4 of 4 Posts