T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi to you all! I have my heat press, the t shirts and some sublimination paper but where do I start. I have my own designs but do I need a special printer or would an ordinary printer do. Really new to this please someone help! Thanks!

·
Premium Member
27,698 Posts
Re: New to all this!

You'll need a printer that can print with inks that will transfer correctly from the transfer paper to the t-shirt.

Are you trying to do dye sublimation or heat tranfers?

You can find printer suggestions for heat transfers if do a search of our heat tranfer forum here:
http://www.t-shirtforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15

·
Premium Member
27,698 Posts
I am aiming to do heat transfers!
Then you should find LOTS of answers in our Heat Press section of the forums.

If you click on that link, and click on the "Search This Forum" white text in the upper right hand of the resulting page (or browse through the topics listed there), you'll find lots of printer suggestions, heat presssing time suggestions, paper suppliers and more.

Anything you can't find, just post a new topic and we'll be happy to help :)

·
Registered
950 Posts
Well actually die sub could be called a heat transfer too, since the die sub inks would be printed onto a transfer paper and then heat pressed onto a polyester garment. The important thing to know is which type of heat transfers are you planning on working with?

I'd bet you are actually wanting to do typical ink jet transfers, in which case the paper is not called sublimation paper. Die Sublimation uses special sublimation inks, and their is a higher learning curve. It produces excellent results, but cannot be used on cotton. It's a whole different process really Andy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts