T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to buy a commercial grade cutter and came across us cutter's 28" Titan2.
USCutter TITAN Vinyl Cutter - 28" | 53" w/ Sure Cuts A Lot Pro
They are offering it for $1300 with the servo motors, stand and basket, plus a 10 percent discount before 3/31.
My question is this, does anyone have knowledge or experience with this machine, or one like it? The cutter sounds like a good deal but it is a good bit of $$ to go in flying blind. The cutter comes with "Sure Cuts Alot Pro" of which I have had no experience. Also, they are offering Corel Draw X5 for $375 or X6 for $499 extra . (I am used to Photoshop & Illustrator) Is that a reasonable price? How steep is the learning curve on Corel as opposed to Photoshop? I know, lots of questions! Any help is greatly appreciated! :confused:

· Registered
414 Posts
there is nothing wrong with it per se just a few things i dont like fighting with on it. ive had it for a looooong time anyways so its just time for something new. and since getting my craft robo pro and it being much quieter, i have been thinking of actually spending the money to get a quieter servo based 24 inch cutter to replace the laser point.

my laser point has been a good quality cutter for me for many years. but there are a few thing i just dont dig. like sketchy usb implementation, but my usb to serial adapter works great with it. the little digs on the front you have to put tape over so vinyl doesnt catch going back and forth. its loud as hell lol. i had a gcc before it that broke on me, and if i it breaks on me ill probably get a cheap gcc again.

What's wrong with the laserpoint?

· Registered
1 Posts
I have a lot of experience with that cutter, I will pm you
have you had any trouble with it? mine sometimes wont complete the cut like for example a circle. i tried adjusting the blade offset both ways, doing a longer overcut. slowing down the cutting speed, and force and it still does it, its weird though because i thought maybe just couldnt do real detailed small cuts, but it does them awesome, just wont connect the cut on some letters or parts of a clip art. any help will be appreciated

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.