T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All,

Is there an option to take me direct to the new posts in a thread?

I click on new posts, and it shows me the threads that have new posts in them, but when I click on the thread, it just takes me to the first post. Which isn't an issue when there aren't a lot of posts in that thread...

But when a thread is several pages long, and I just want to see the new posts, it gets time consuming. Am I missing an option to jump directly to the new posts in a thread somewhere?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There is a link to list all new posts since your last visit. It's located in the upper left just under the "Welcome [username]" message. Is that what you are looking for?
Right, I see that. It shows me the new threads with new posts in them. If I click on a thread that has a new post in it, it shows me the 1st post in the thread instead of taking me to the new posts in the thread, not sure if I am making sense or not.

·
Registered
4,063 Posts
you are making sense
i have not come across a specific button for this

but a workaround would be go to the 'search' button at the very top of the page,
then enter dates and hit 'posts' at the bottom 'show results as'

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here is an example, I am reading this thread and have read up to page 5. When a new post is showing up in that thread, and I click on the thread in new posts, it takes me to page 1. I then have to navigate to page 5, and scroll down to the last post I read.

On other forum software, I click on the thread and it takes me to the last post I read automatically.

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am not sure I am following. Here is my screen. It shows 3 unread messages. When I click on the first message in the Tread/Thread Starter column (far left column), it takes me directly to that message.
I see what I missed, I have to click again to go to the latest post in the thread, see attached.

On Xenforo and other software, it automatically takes me to the latest post without clicking again.

Thanks!!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
I just click on the blue square with the downward arrow and it takes me to the first new post since my last visit. Just to the left of the title of the post.

Oh, and I also click on "Mark Forums Read" just before I sign out.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.