T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All.. I'm Adrian, full-time comp sci student in Ottawa, Canada.. I'm pulling 6 shifts a week at work to save up for a used (but in good condition) single head, 6needle min. machine (if and when I find one within a days drive!) .. When I was searching for a site like this I had a few questions regarding embroidery, and industrial machines - When I found this site, I realized I had A LOT more questions that needed answering..This site has been amazing, I've spent countless hours here, everyone is really helpfull. My main interest in embroidery lies in making hats.. I have Corel X3, and DraWings, so I've got an idea about the digitizing side of embroidering (I also realized working with vector images is another skill all of its own!).. I am really excited to embroidering my graphics, not only does this seem like it could supply some extra income, but also it will develop in to a fun hobby!

Aaanyways, if there's anyone out there who's got a nice machine and a little time to help me out - here's what I'm hoping for..
I'd really love to see what a couple of my graphics look like as an embroidered finished product on some cloth or whatever(colors don't matter)..

I could send you a paypal payment for the shipping.. Get back to me if you'd like to help!

Adrian
aka Patches (my girlfriend refuses to call me this, but it's OK if you do!)

Attachments

· Registered
99 Posts
I may be spoiled but with many of today's designs don't you feel that you are shorting yourself with a 6 needle machine. There are many machines out there with 9, 12 & 15 to be had that will allow you to run almost any design without having to stop and change thread. Another reason is that many of the 6 needle machines will be extremely difficult to find parts for due to their age. The electronics are possibly the worst of this due to advancements.

As far as your software Corel X3 DraWings, do you also have the Wings Modular and is it the standard or Pro version. The reason I ask is that due to circumstances I have assisted in developing a Digital Design class given through the local Community College that is taught in our prison as a pre-req for an Embroidery Journeyman Certificate Program with the State Department of Labor. We purchased 17 new computer systems and 17 versions of Corel X3 DraWings/Wings Modular. This program in the Pro Version was selected due to price as the software we use in our plant would have been cost prohibitive at $8000 + per computer. With X3 you must remember that it is a art/drawing based program with embroidery add ons and not a true embroidery/digitizing based program. I would suggest that you work the lessons included and then redo them completely manually. Learn to work in the wireframe and work with the vector points/nodes of the individual components. Another very large problem with this style of Auto Digitizing program is that many Digital Artists use many small replicated shapes in graduated tones to provide shading on like a border of a shield. Doing this and then having the program convert it to stitches will overwhelm many computers and your stitch count will go thru the roof.

If you know anyone involved in digitizing please have them at least demonstrate their software.

Give me a PM if you would like and I may be able to assist you in the future. :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.