Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

my colleagues and I just opened our first t-shirt company and we're running into trouble converting site visits into sales. Several days this week (this is our first week), we've been able to attract over 300 daily uniques (not the most targeted of traffic yet of course), but we haven't been able to convert any to sales. We have only had a few people even make it to the shopping cart.

So here's the gist: could you guys take a look and give me any critiques on the site, especially with regard to our message and more importantly why you think visitors may not be buying?

Heres the site

Thanks

·
Registered
383 Posts
The site looks ok but it seems there are only 4 designs? And to be honest they are not appealing to me anyway.

Just some honest feedback.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
All I'm saying is the first shirt out of four may turn people off, I didn't say it wasn't funny if in the right frame of mind. You ask I shared my opinion that's all.

·
Registered
84 Posts
That video...I laughed my *** off at....but only because I was confused. I suppose it's a start.
As for the designs....you've been all around the world and out of all the tees out there, you only found four of them? I didn't really "get" the designs either. I wasn't offended by the Jesus one, I just don't understand the relationship you're trying to make about him, or religion and the Price is Right. I didn't laugh at any of them. I moreover just made a "wha?" :confused: face.
As for price...I don't know what others are talking about...I thought they were kind of low. I suppose it depends what area you live in. Here, that's a steal.

In summary, add more designs. Maybe ask folks that visit your site to rate your designs. If the ratings are low, you're not reaching your market, if high...you've reached them, and then need to figure our why they're not buying.
My two cents. :)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That video...I laughed my *** off at....but only because I was confused. I suppose it's a start.
As for the designs....you've been all around the world and out of all the tees out there, you only found four of them? I didn't really "get" the designs either. I wasn't offended by the Jesus one, I just don't understand the relationship you're trying to make about him, or religion and the Price is Right. I didn't laugh at any of them. I moreover just made a "wha?" :confused: face.
As for price...I don't know what others are talking about...I thought they were kind of low. I suppose it depends what area you live in. Here, that's a steal.

In summary, add more designs. Maybe ask folks that visit your site to rate your designs. If the ratings are low, you're not reaching your market, if high...you've reached them, and then need to figure our why they're not buying.
My two cents. :)
Good advice.

Thanks everyone for the feedback.

Is the brand and character clear? Is that confusing?

·
Registered
383 Posts
I missed the video the first time, yes it was funny and a good start in a direction that may work for you, but not for selling those designs.

Have you sold any?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Good advice.

Thanks everyone for the feedback.

Is the brand and character clear? Is that confusing?
I get the character. I think it's great and it's nice to see something fresh like that.....but...I didn't understand the humor of the shirts is all. I think the type of humor the character is and the type of humor the shirts belong to are from two separate worlds. They almost clash in my opinion. Bring a little bit of that character into your designs and I think you could really have something there. :)

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Hi. I found it difficult to locate the hyperlinks on your site, to actually get to see the products. Only in small areas of your graphics could I actually find the link. Changing the browser size actually moved the position in which the small link area appeared. I personally feel this is the point at which a lot of people would quickly vacate your site.

I couldn't get the buy button to work at all (zilch), when I scrolled the page it lost the options field which only returned when I put the mouse over the area.

Forgetting about the shirts and the pricings, I think a significant part of the problem actually lies with some of the technical issues I have mentioned. If I had been a serious buyer today, you would have lost a sale, as it was impossible for me to purchase your items.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi. I found it difficult to locate the hyperlinks on your site, to actually get to see the products. Only in small areas of your graphics could I actually find the link. Changing the browser size actually moved the position in which the small link area appeared. I personally feel this is the point at which a lot of people would quickly vacate your site.

I couldn't get the buy button to work at all (zilch), when I scrolled the page it lost the options field which only returned when I put the mouse over the area.

Forgetting about the shirts and the pricings, I think a significant part of the problem actually lies with some of the technical issues I have mentioned. If I had been a serious buyer today, you would have lost a sale, as it was impossible for me to purchase your items.

Hope this helps.
Really? Thanks for that feedback. P.S. What resolution where you at and on what browser?

Has anyone else had any technical issues that may complicate sales?

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Hi. Resolution is 1440 x 900. Browser is IE 6.0. Your site is doing exactly the same thing on my girlfriend's laptop at 1280 x 1024 resolution, also running on IE 6.0.

Your hyperlink should ideally cover the entire graphic and automatically resize to whatever resolution it is being viewed out. For some reason this isn't happening?

·
Registered
84 Posts
I had zero issues with the hyperlinked images. No matter where on the image I hovered, it was able to take me to the buy page. The buy link only works when you pick a shirt size...which is exactly how it should work. I'm running Safari Version 3.0.4 and at resolution 1280 X 1024 and it looks fine. I don't know if you fixed something between posts, but if you didn't then...well, Dreamglass should look into getting a browser that works...;):p Kidding....sort of. ;)

Oh and one other thing...you should offer at least one other method of payment. I avoid sites that ONLY take PayPal due to various unfulfilled purchases and the hassle to contact PayPal to get money back. Not saying you're not trustworthy...but it may be a deterrent for some looking to buy.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Dreamglass should look into getting a browser that works...;):p Kidding....sort of. ;)
No offence taken, but DREAMGLASS has 20 years plus programming experience and over 10 years web building experience. :)

The problem lies at the server end, a browser only 'peeks' into what lies on the server. If this is a conditional error, i.e. intermittent, it could possibly explain why there have been zero sales on the site.

I have tried your site again this morning and it still has the same errors. If I make a selection, there is no hyperlink on the buy button (or anywhere else), if I scroll the page I end up with the 'shirt story' being displayed in the options box?

Just to clarify, I visit sites all over the world, with no problems, it is only this site that I have encountered problems with. :confused:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Oh and one other thing...you should offer at least one other method of payment. I avoid sites that ONLY take PayPal due to various unfulfilled purchases and the hassle to contact PayPal to get money back. Not saying you're not trustworthy...but it may be a deterrent for some looking to buy.

Ah, maybe that's our problem with sales. Is it unclear that you can pay with a method other than Paypal? We actually accept credit cards with Web Payments Pro AND Paypal. When you go to the cart, on the right side you can click proceed to checkout or checkout with Paypal.

Is that unclear for anyone else?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
No offence taken, but DREAMGLASS has 20 years plus programming experience and over 10 years web building experience. :)

The problem lies at the server end, a browser only 'peeks' into what lies on the server. If this is a conditional error, i.e. intermittent, it could possibly explain why there have been zero sales on the site.

I have tried your site again this morning and it still has the same errors. If I make a selection, there is no hyperlink on the buy button (or anywhere else), if I scroll the page I end up with the 'shirt story' being displayed in the options box?

Just to clarify, I visit sites all over the world, with no problems, it is only this site that I have encountered problems with. :confused:
The issue is IE6 not properly reading the site, but it is our fault to a degree to not have IE6 functionality. But that browser sucks.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
The issue is IE6 not properly reading the site, but it is our fault to a degree to not have IE6 functionality. But that browser sucks.
Whether it 'sucks', or whether it doesn't, IE 6.0 is probably the most prolific browser out there, by a vast margin. Your original question was asking why you had no sales. I think that you may have possibly found one of your answers.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
Whether it 'sucks', or whether it doesn't, IE 6.0 is probably the most prolific browser out there, by a vast margin. Your original question was asking why you had no sales. I think that you may have possibly found your answer.

Actually, according to our analytics, IE6 accounts for less than 1% of visits.
The real problem is probably that the checkout is unclear. Did anyone else get confused by options for payment?

1 - 20 of 61 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.