T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello. I am new to this, had some shirts silkscreened to support a political candidate. People loved the shirts and wanted more, so I ordered some from an ebay seller. When they arrived I was surprised to find that the image was not silkscreened, but was more like a vinyl applique. (In all fairness, the seller did not say they were silkscreened.) The image is pretty stiff and seems to sit on top of the shirt. You can see and feel the edges. I contacted the seller, who told me this is a high quality "digital to direct method." So, I looked at them more closely and discovered that many of the images are off center, the shirts themselves are four different brands, and that there is some striping on a few of the images. I contacted the seller again and he refused to take them back, even though I offered to ship at my own expense. I washed one and the image help up ok, but it is slightly wrinkled and puckered at the edges. I don't feel comfortable selling these shirts. However, I don't want to leave this guy negative feedback or get in a paypal dispute if this is an accepted level of quality. Advice? Thanks very much,

New Seller

Since I posted this I noticed that an edge of the image was loose. I pulled on it and the part of the image peeled off.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Sorry to hear about your experience.But your alot smarter now so that's the upside.I don't know how you want to handle that guy but based on the product description he wont be around long.
Ask if they do direct screenprinting with ink and what type.This will get you a answer quick.

·
Registered
6,874 Posts
Direct to garment printing is a very accepted method of producing quality products...if you have the proper equipment and knowledge of how to use it. There are some companies who offer 100% satisfaction and probably an ebay seller who does not stand behind their product is just trying to make a sale and not interested in rectifying any problems. Next time you might want to look at companies like Choiceshirts, Threadless, or Cafe Press.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks so much. I think this was actually some kind of heat transfer, because the image actually peeled off. After several threats, seller agreed to refund all but postage if I returned shirts. I will eat some money, but I figure it's worth it. You are so right about checking out sellers carefully.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Sounds like it was a heat transfer or vinyl that was not done very well, but you handled it well, postage is a small price to pay for knowledge. :)
John

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks John. This is a great forum. If I stay in the business I will be grateful to be a part of it. Planning to have one of my own designs silkscreened next.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Sheree, you've got the bug, what do you mean if...lol On you're own designs, don't get to many of any one as you can't be sure what will sell and best of luck.
John

1 - 7 of 7 Posts