T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody,

My name is Mo and I just created a new website for my t-shirt line called Raakmo (pronounced Rock-mo). I just launched my new collection of Rock n' Roll inspired tees for men and women.

Some of my shirts have already been featured on the hit HBO series Entourage and Entertainment Weekly on Kevin Dillion (Johnny Drama).

I am looking for ways to advertise my website and would apprecite any assitance. Check out my site and let me know what you think.

http://www.raakmo.com

Thank you for your time,

Mo

·
Premium Member
27,700 Posts
Hi Mo, welcome to the T-Shirt Forums!

Some of my shirts have already been featured on the hit HBO series Entourage and Entertainment Weekly on Kevin Dillion (Johnny Drama).
Sounds like you could give us a couple of tips on getting celebrities to wear our stuff.

I see a lot of different t-shirt brands worn on the CBS Show King of Queens, and I've always wondered how they got them to sport their stuff.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey everybody!

Thanks for checking out the site.

A friend of mine (in PR) was sending a package to them and included couple of my shirts. Next thing you know Kevin Dillion is wearing it all over the place. On the show, in an interview...he seems to really like it.

Another person who wore my stuff is Kal Penn from Harold and Kumar go to white Castle. He Raaks them all the time.

The best way to get your stuff on shows and magazines is to team up with a PR company. They are always sending out packages and shouldn't have any problems putting your stuff in their gift bags. Also to get in with the stylists. Stylists decide what these celebrities are going to wear.

I'll let you guys know if I can figure out more ideas on how to get on celebrities.

Any ideas on how I can advertise my website?

Mo

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
CoolHandLuke said:
Nice site! Glad to see other people pushing the higher end.
I checked out your site..Very cool. I love your concept. I think your brand has huge potential. Good luck with it.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Comin'OutSwingin said:
Welcome..nice to have you!
How did you pull off the Entourage thing? That's one of my favorite shows, and I was thinking Turtle could rock one of my shirts!
Do you have a website? I would love to check out your stuff.

Mo

·
2,957 Posts
No, I don't have a site up yet.:( I've been working on it for a few weeks, and want to get it just right before I launch it.;)

Your site is nice. Very clean and to the point, but also with a good "vibe" to it. That's what I hope to accomplish with my site.:D I also like the way you integrated your logo and other info into the pic.

I have been selling my shirts here locally(Cashville!!!):cool: for a few months with some pretty good success. I don't even have any pictures of any of my shirts, but I could PM you some stuff later that I have if you are interested.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Comin'OutSwingin said:
No, I don't have a site up yet.:( I've been working on it for a few weeks, and want to get it just right before I launch it.;)

Your site is nice. Very clean and to the point, but also with a good "vibe" to it. That's what I hope to accomplish with my site.:D I also like the way you integrated your logo and other info into the pic.

I have been selling my shirts here locally(Cashville!!!):cool: for a few months with some pretty good success. I don't even have any pictures of any of my shirts, but I could PM you some stuff later that I have if you are interested.
Thank you for the compliment. I wanted to keep the site simple. I did all the design work myself. Had some help from some wonderful programmers to do the dynamic content and back end for me.

I started off by selling to stores as well. I did really well and was one of the best sellers in Macy's Herald Square (NY). Now I want to sell through my website and need ideas to advertise..

I would love to see your stuff. Feel free to send me a PM.

Mo

·
Registered
283 Posts
Raakmo,
Welcome and let me just say that your website is sweet. I have yet to put up mine but you have raised the bar on that one. Good luck brother. One suggestions to search the forums under t-shirt selling. There is a ton of useful information to help you advertise. One good thing that you can do is if you want to go mainstream and cant get to a PR like you have, send complimentary t-shirts to those that surround the chosen celebrity. I learned that trick from reading the bio on the owner of the company that makes and sells Clif Bars. When he started the company, he directed his sales towards cyclists. He could not afford Lance Armstrong so he went with second best: his teammates and staff that surrounded him. So everytime he was on tv, he was surrounded by 5 other guys with the CLif Bar logo flashing through the tv.His sales went through the roof. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
TenaciousTees said:
Raakmo,
Welcome and let me just say that your website is sweet. I have yet to put up mine but you have raised the bar on that one. Good luck brother. One suggestions to search the forums under t-shirt selling. There is a ton of useful information to help you advertise. One good thing that you can do is if you want to go mainstream and cant get to a PR like you have, send complimentary t-shirts to those that surround the chosen celebrity. I learned that trick from reading the bio on the owner of the company that makes and sells Clif Bars. When he started the company, he directed his sales towards cyclists. He could not afford Lance Armstrong so he went with second best: his teammates and staff that surrounded him. So everytime he was on tv, he was surrounded by 5 other guys with the CLif Bar logo flashing through the tv.His sales went through the roof. Hope this helps.
Thank you!!

I agree with you and have been working on this strategy and going to push it some more now.

Any suggestions on how I can rank higher on search engines? or direct more traffic to my site?

·
Premium Member
27,700 Posts
raakmo said:
Any suggestions on how I can rank higher on search engines? or direct more traffic to my site?
There's a good post in this thread with some basics of optimizing your site for the search engines:
http://www.t-shirtforums.com/showthread.php?t=1368

First thing you need to do is figure out what words/phrases of terms your potential customers are searching for to find the type of products you sell. Think specific (like fashion designer t-shirts) not generic (like t-shirts).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey raakmo,

Cool site, presentation, products, everything. Do you mind sharing your shirt source and/or any other details about them? I assume that $44 t-shirts, even with your cool designs, are not Gildan 2000s....

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi. I'm a new forum member and am developing a website to promo my t-shirt idea. I'm struggling with this dilemma: have shirts printed and delivered to me and I ship/handle myself OR go the fulfillment biz route (printmojo, etc.). I can't predict what kind of "bite" or interest I'm going to get. 100 shirts a week and I'd be psyched.

Regarding marketing for Raakmo: guerilla marketing all the way. You must have interesting friends in other parts of the country, give a few away and let them be your evangelists. Is your url on the shirt?

·
Premium Member
27,700 Posts
cneutra said:
Hi. I'm a new forum member and am developing a website to promo my t-shirt idea. I'm struggling with this dilemma: have shirts printed and delivered to me and I ship/handle myself OR go the fulfillment biz route (printmojo, etc.). I can't predict what kind of "bite" or interest I'm going to get. 100 shirts a week and I'd be psyched

Hi cneutra, welcome to the T-Shirt Forums!

I can tell you that without serious marketing, a big ad budget and just the right shirts, and a large demographic 100 shirts a week is a lot to ask for.

If you aren't sure of the appeal, you can start small with a run of about 25 shirts or so and see how they sell. You can always print more if they are selling fast (that would be the least of your worries).

If you have the time and skillset to create your own webpage, setup an ecommerce solution, process payments, etc, then it might be worth it for you to test out doing it on your own. If you would rather just focus on creating the designs and promoting/advertising them, and prefer an "all-in-one" type service, then a fulfillment company might be the way to go.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
SamannaCo said:
Hey raakmo,

Cool site, presentation, products, everything. Do you mind sharing your shirt source and/or any other details about them? I assume that $44 t-shirts, even with your cool designs, are not Gildan 2000s....
Hey SamannaCo,

I buy my shirts from a lot of different sources. Some from custom manufacturers and some from wholesalers. Anyone who offers good qulity light weight tees since that's my market. But no hanes, gildan, jerzees etc ...

Every shirt that I buy goes through a process of garment/enzyme wash to give it a soft vintage feel and to ensure there is no shrinkage when the customer buys them.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
cneutra said:
Hi. I'm a new forum member and am developing a website to promo my t-shirt idea. I'm struggling with this dilemma: have shirts printed and delivered to me and I ship/handle myself OR go the fulfillment biz route (printmojo, etc.). I can't predict what kind of "bite" or interest I'm going to get. 100 shirts a week and I'd be psyched.

Regarding marketing for Raakmo: guerilla marketing all the way. You must have interesting friends in other parts of the country, give a few away and let them be your evangelists. Is your url on the shirt?
Hey CNeutra,

Working on guerilla marketing. Got people from all over NY Raakin' my stuff. Would definitely be interested in someone to spread the word in LA.

Here is my website: http://www.raakmo.com/ check it out..

·
Registered
6 Posts
Raakmo,

Awesome site and products... I think you should use the celeb wearing the t-shirt and state the show that the celebs wore it, and advertise that in a popular magazine ad. Perferably, a well known celeb read magazine and also read by the general public. Yes, it would be costly but that is business. Also, look into clothing conventions and continue to send the shirts to PR's ... Mostly celebs that are always in the news... FUBU got started by going to a clothing convention. They went to a Vegas clothing conventions and sold their idea to a distributor. Now they are mulit-millionaires ten times over. Your design is what is in right now, the distress look and I think that a clothing convention in NY, CA or NV would get you to that next level.....Good luck....

1 - 20 of 21 Posts