T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need a sublimation printer that will not only be good for shirts, but a number of other substrates due to me planning to start a personalised gift service. I have shop space as my internet and call booth part of the business is not bringing in money any more (due to cheap roaming).

Are either of these good all rounders?

Epson XP-900 or Epson WF-7210DTW.

If neither, please give me your recommendation. Thanks

·
Registered
197 Posts
I think that in the case of sublimation more important than printer are inks itself. I bet that you're going to do it as a "hobby" (low volume production) so any EPSON printer will be ok. If you want to be proffesional go for the wide-format printer with RIP software.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
To say a hobby isn't directly accurate. But it's true I will need to gain a bit of confidence as I've never used these methods before. However, after spending 30 years in the print industry and using inkjet printers etc, I do have a pretty good idea for design and acceptable colour standards. And to be honest, some of the sub standard crap I see around here trying to pass as professional, I do know I can do better.

If the inks are more important, so be it. Which ones?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.