T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rodney,

I know this request is selfish, but I kindly ask you to consider a sub-forum for Printfection in the T-shirt fulfillment services forum. IMHO we are on-par with most of the other companies you have created forums for (even though we are new)!

Thanks in advance-- and keep up the good work promoting the industry in general!

·
Premium Member
27,698 Posts
Hi Casey, thanks for the feedback. Good to see you on the forums again.

Since there isn't much traffic/conversation in the current t-shirt fulfillment services areas, it probably wouldn't make sense at this time to add another forum for a newer company. The idea for those forums is for people with questions about those services to find answers they may not be finding elsewhere and to give them a place to congregate.

Maybe as the traffic picks up in the other t-shirt fulfillment forums and as your service matures, we can revisit the idea.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Rodney,

Honestly I don't really understand your logic. I think people would look through the Printfection forum if there was one, and make posts about the difference between us and the other companies like us. This would enrich your website and help it become the source for info. on fulfillment services. Without a comprehensive overview of the available services I just don't see how you are operating an objective forum. Right now it seems like you are a CafePress/Zazzle loyalist.

If you don't consider us a serious company I am sorry, but maybe you should re-visit our product offering & see the quality of our printing and offering in general. Free stores, 10x the selection of CafePress for apparel colors/sizes, better printing quality, larger design area, etc. makes me think that visitors to your site should know about our company. I know you are concerned about self-promotion (rightfully so!), but I think you're applying this unfairly. I am honestly trying to give insightful posts and information to your T-shirt community but with no support from your forum for our operation (and clearly you are supporting Zazzle, Spreadshirt, CP, and other people doing the exact same thing as Printfection) and furthermore I am personally visiting and posting to your forum consistently. I'm not trying to complain, i realize you are the moderator, but just giving you my honest opinion. Hopefully with time we can work together to balance self-promotion for our business with informative information for your visitors. It really seems like I'm getting singled out here!

-Casey

-Casey

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Maybe the reason I'm shocked is because of your 99dogs forum. Does anyone seriously use 99dogs?

Also, it seems every post I read from you says "Zazzle, Cafepress, PrintMojo, Spreadshirt" like you are personally endorsing these 4 companies. Is there a reason why you consistently promote these four companies?

I'm just curious... no hard feelings, hopefully you don't mind my honesty and curiosity :)

·
Premium Member
27,698 Posts
skibum said:
Maybe the reason I'm shocked is because of your 99dogs forum. Does anyone seriously use 99dogs?

Also, it seems every post I read from you says "Zazzle, Cafepress, PrintMojo, Spreadshirt" like you are personally endorsing these 4 companies. Is there a reason why you consistently promote these four companies?

I'm just curious... no hard feelings, hopefully you don't mind my honesty and curiosity
I don't promote those companies, however those are the companies that I've used and can share my experience with and those are the companies that the people that I'm responding to are usually asking about. You'll never see my start a post by saying "check out cafepress/zazzle/spreadshirt, etc". Someone will ask a question about those companies and I will respond.

I can only talk about the companies that I've tried and worked with, just like anybody else in the forums. Many people recommend personalizedsupplies.com or silvermountaingraphics.com or cheapestees.com not because they want to promote those companies, but because that's the companies that they have experience with and can talk with some knowledge about. Does that make sense?

I'll actually probably be removing the 99dogs forum soon just for that very reason. I've already removed the eshirt forum because of lack of activity.

I originally added both those companies because they are established players that have been around for 2+ years and have a strong userbase of existing customers.

Honestly I don't really understand your logic. I think people would look through the Printfection forum if there was one, and make posts about the difference between us and the other companies like us.
From my experience, I don't think this would be the case. As you said, look at the 99dogs forum.

This would enrich your website and help it become the source for info. on fulfillment services. Without a comprehensive overview of the available services I just don't see how you are operating an objective forum. Right now it seems like you are a CafePress/Zazzle loyalist.
See, I think you're thinking of it backwards :) The cafepress/zazzle/spreadshirt forums aren't here for people to necessarily "learn" about their services. Those services are already established and they really don't need me or this forum to help them find customers.

The forums are there for their existing customers to find help and share experiences.

The forum is fully objective. Any customer or member that comes to the forum and asks about any fulfillment service is helped in the same way.

I'm not sure how name calling (what is a cafepres/zazzle loyalist?) is helping the discussion though.

People are free to talk about whichever service they use and learn about any fulfillment service or printing method they like.

We're not here to provide an "overview" of every single fulfillment company. That's something for a review website to do. That's not the purpose of the forums.

We're here for people to discuss and ask questions about various t-shirt topics.

If someone comes here and asks about PrintFection, nobody is going to turn them away. It just hasn't happened yet. If there are members here who have used the PrintFection service, I'm sure they would chime in and help out a fellow member.

If you don't consider us a serious company I am sorry, but maybe you should re-visit our product offering & see the quality of our printing and offering in general.
I'm sure you have put a lot into your company and website to make it a successful condender in the marketplace. But you said yourself that your site is 2 MONTHS old.

I never once said PrintFection wasn't a serious company. Never even hinted at it.

But to say that you are at the same level in 2 months of operation that CafePress/Zazzle/Spreadshirt/etc are at after 2+ years just doesn't seem logical.

Free stores, 10x the selection of CafePress for apparel colors/sizes, better printing quality, larger design area, etc. makes me think that visitors to your site should know about our company.
You are right, visitors to this site might want to know about your company, but this isn't a place to "launch" a company. Most people that come to this site already know about Cafepress/Zazzle/spreadshirt because those companies have already advertised and marketed themselves elsewhere to gain a marketshare and get the right visitors seeing their services. So a visitor coming to this site has already checked out their offerings and is looking for feedback.

You're saying I should help you launch your company for free by allowing you to get beta users from the forum and talk to people about the services you provide and what sets you apart.

That's just not the purpose of this forum. If you want to advertise to get your company name out, that's one thing. But to want it for free by posting messages inviting people to try your services is beyond the scope of this forum.

As I mentioned in my PM, there are many companies that have representatives in this forum. They follow the same rules I'm asking you to follow. They post helpful messages in the forum/contribute to the community and what they get in return is more passive exposure through the links in their signature and goodwill from the t-shirt community that they are a part of.

Josh Ellsworth from Imprintables is a good example. I'm sure he wants to point everyone back to his shop each time he posts and answers a question about heat transfers. He would love to post announcements about special offers on his site, but instead he contributes by answering questions about his expertise (heat press technology) and in turn, users tend to see him as not only a helpful member of the community, but also a bit of an expert. Later on, if people are in need of the type of services he provides, they are more likely to visit his site than to a strange site where they have no knowledge of the employees. He also pays to advertise his company here because just like you, he knows that the users on this site would be interested in the products/services he offers. But he NEVER advertises his site when he posts in the forum.

Other companies have read the rules of the forum and may decide not to join and post because they may not want to restrict themselves to non promotional posts. However, some of those same companies realize the value of the targeted users of this forum and choose to advertise here instead.

You don't have to advertise to contribute here at the forums, I'm just trying to explain how we keep things separate. There are many ways to get involved.

I hope this clears things up for you some. Any other questions at all, please let me know.

Thanks,

1 - 5 of 5 Posts