T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
A year ago I built custom software to run a design and printing shop. Now we're partnering up to sell this software to other shops that might be interested.

I joined these forums to see some of the concerns that printers have and to help make our product better.

I'll be around the forums but I just wanted to officially introduce myself.

-Chap Ambrose
Product Sheriff
HighNoon

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
A year ago I built custom software to run a design and printing shop. Now we're partnering up to sell this software to other shops that might be interested.

I joined these forums to see some of the concerns that printers have and to help make our product better.

I'll be around the forums but I just wanted to officially introduce myself.

-Chap Ambrose
Product Sheriff
HighNoon
Have you seen the threads concerning rhinestones and more specificaly, how to turn pictures into template drawings to place correct size stones in proper place to avoid overlaping stones and colorization to make stone colors that are available work as closely as possible with the colors in the pictures?:D

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have you seen the threads concerning rhinestones and more specificaly, how to turn pictures into template drawings to place correct size stones in proper place to avoid overlaping stones and colorization to make stone colors that are available work as closely as possible with the colors in the pictures?:D
I'm not sure I follow...

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
I think its a " D A S" system sort of. We need a program that can use a picture and do a quick trace possibly of something in the picture, then, using a color pallet matching whats available in rhinestones, do a layout using the correct amount of correct size rhinestones to best try to duplicate the part of the picture you "quick traced" in rhinestones. The printout would look like a mosaic using 3,4,and 5 mm colored dots as appropiate. Sorry, I'm not the most articulate speaker in town so maybe this will explain it better. Thanks for the thoughts anyway if this isn't something you want to undertake. I don't know exactly where to look but I think Roland has software that will do this (besides DAS) for one of their engraving/milling machines. The DAS one is used with a vinyl cutter to cut maybe something like card stock for templates where as the Roland one is for an engraver/milling machine. Good luck.
Terry

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.