T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there! I'd like to get your input on my site. We've been up for a little over two weeks. Things are going well I suppose. The main issue has been that the Paypal buttons seem to stop working. The code is getting screwed up and I'm having to go in and manipulate the code to get them to work right. Which is a PAIN! I'm sure I've lost some sales because of it.

Leatherneck Industries - For Grunts By Grunts

· Registered
1,110 Posts
My first question would be whether or not you've looked at this site in different browsers. I'm using FireFox 11.0 and your site is looking a little mangled. Menus are not where they should be, images aren't showing up properly. I would check your site out in all the popular browsers, or at least in IE, FireFox and Chrome. It wouldn't be a bad idea to try it out in Safari and Opera too, although those browsers are less popular.

I also have to ask, what's up with the ad on the site? Why would you have foreign ads on your site? If it's part of the website package, I'd look into how you can get it removed.

· Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My first question would be whether or not you've looked at this site in different browsers.
Great call, I have looked at in ie, and safari, and chrome but not the others

I also have to ask, what's up with the ad on the site? Why would you have foreign ads on your site? If it's part of the website package, I'd look into how you can get it removed.
Another good point. I am hoping that the Ads will be more focused around my military and Marine Corps audience. Still playing with AdSense to narrow the focus. The good thing is that it can be removed. I just didn't want to not explore them. Thank yo greatly for the input!

· Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
WOW! My site must be perfect! I had quite a few visitors from TSF but only one comment LOL. YAY me!

Seriously, let me know if you have any suggestions on how to improve my site. I'd like to add that I AM NOT a blogger nor do I intend to be. Selling t-shirts and stuff with a little information sprinkled about the site is what I'm after.

Leatherneck Industries - For Grunts By Grunts

Thanks in advance!

· Registered
637 Posts
I think yer site looks fine. Very limited audience though. I don't know how many are in the suicide charleys at a time, but I'm betting it's a pretty limited audience. If I were you I'd do some cool generic Marine shirts for all the Corps. Expand your market a bit.

BTW, For the longst time I didn't know Marines could do more than shoot straight and polish stuff. All I ever saw them do on the ship was guard stuff and polish stuff. Cleanest damn passageway on the boat though. And military bearing out the wazoo. We all looked like bums compared to the MARDET. And we were too ;-) Congrats on the site. You'll want to make sure your images aren't copyrighted (I know nothing of them) and then once you get everything right... shoot off emails to the bases. Maybe figure out who the gunny is and send them a free shirt. It looked fine in my firefox 11.

· Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think yer site looks fine. Very limited audience though. I don't know how many are in the suicide charleys at a time, but I'm betting it's a pretty limited audience. If I were you I'd do some cool generic Marine shirts for all the Corps. Expand your market a bit.

BTW, For the longst time I didn't know Marines could do more than shoot straight and polish stuff. All I ever saw them do on the ship was guard stuff and polish stuff. Cleanest damn passageway on the boat though. And military bearing out the wazoo. We all looked like bums compared to the MARDET. And we were too ;-) Congrats on the site. You'll want to make sure your images aren't copyrighted (I know nothing of them) and then once you get everything right... shoot off emails to the bases. Maybe figure out who the gunny is and send them a free shirt. It looked fine in my firefox 11.
THANK YOU! Yes when we aren't guarding something, shooting people or blowing things up in general, we're training how to do so or CLEANING! LOL

Yes Suicide is very limited (700 confirmed past and present members) but we are also targeting Infantry as a whole and will be adding promo type of items later this year. A little expansion at a time. This will also include USMC supporter stuff ("My son is a Marine" etc). as well as stuff for tikes and Marine bikers.

Love the idea of contacting the units and bases directly, thank you. As for the designs, the For Sale items contain designs created by yours truly. So I'm ok there but still learning a lot about public domain images and stuff....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.