T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi t-shirt forum warriors,

I have created a new website for our company (still a work in progress of course). I'd like anyone who's willing to donate a few moments of their time to go on to critique and test it. Let me know about anything you can find that you would improve upon or anything that's not quite working properly.

Say it on a T-Shirt

A few details about us and the site:
It's run via Wordpress
We are a contract printer and embroiderer, so keep that in mind when viewing the site.
Our main customer base are youth groups and school clubs.
This website is also a college project, so at the present moment, hiring a professional web dev is not an option.

All feedback is greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
697 Posts
Wow you need some serious help. Three different fonts on the homepage is scary enough. The home page is wasted since there are no shirts on it showing past designs. I looked at your gallery and you're targeting youth groups but you have a morose Andy Warhol shirt and a t-shirt tux which I think targets more adult markets.... Can you instead post school club shirts you have done? The flow chart is very terrible and not attractive.

I think you should hire someone and save yourself the headache of starting over.

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
I have to agree with Jenn. Your homepage gives little incentive to stick around let alone buy.

...this is a college project to build a site from scratch, so hiring a professional wasn't an option.
Do you mean you the site is being built by college students with very little html experience? I looks very mid 90ish.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Do you mean you the site is being built by college students with very little html experience? I looks very mid 90ish.
This is correct. Tough, I know, but this is part of the process, testing and critiquing. But please, do not let that dissuade you from giving constructive criticism. We welcome it.

What would you suggest to better entice potentials to stay and seek out more information?

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
This is correct. Tough, I know, but this is part of the process, testing and critiquing. But please, do not let that dissuade you from giving constructive criticism. We welcome it.

What would you suggest to better entice potentials to stay and seek out more information?
How much time and money do you have to throw away on inexperience? I know the students need a project but at the expense of your income?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Site looks too old, also say build on premium themes, so why should we consider it as project from scratch

I would consider scratch project is you will do with 2015 theme
I'm sorry, but could you rephrase? Not quite sure I follow.

How much time and money do you have to throw away on inexperience? I know the students need a project but at the expense of your income?
I have no reason to not be forthcoming with the situation details. I myself am a college student as well. This is my business and, to the extent of the website, also my college project. We have another site acting as the home website for now under our current business name, but we plan to roll this out by the turn of 2016.

·
Registered
29 Posts
JAM Marketing - the site is basic as stated. It has potential but needs lots of work. If this is a college based project, then hit the books and review active successful sites, then review your site and make improvements, repeat this process often. Review the comments made by others gather all their comments and learn. Good luck with this site, keep in mind all sites are a work in progress, some are further along but all are works in progress.

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
I too was going to suggest researching other apparel sites. Look at what you would like to incorporate into your site and work on (learn) those areas. I opted for a BigCommerce site since I don't offer customization and just needed a platform to sell.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi t-shirt forum warriors,

I have created a new website for our company (still a work in progress of course). I'd like anyone who's willing to donate a few moments of their time to go on to critique and test it. Let me know about anything you can find that you would improve upon or anything that's not quite working properly.

Say it on a T-Shirt

A few details about us and the site:
It's run via Wordpress
We are a contract printer and embroiderer, so keep that in mind when viewing the site.
Our main customer base are youth groups and school clubs.
This website is also a college project, so at the present moment, hiring a professional web dev is not an option.

All feedback is greatly appreciated!
It's a good start. Don't beat yourself up over it. Keep tweaking it. I always saw a website a work in progress, art in itself. It's your baby you will never be done with it. Always evolving. Have fun with it. My suggestion is add some graphics to the home page. Play with different fonts. Add some gif motion graphics also. I've had mine a little over a year and it constantly changes. Never will be done. It will only get better. Good luck. neilvarney.com

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I've changed the site around to make it look better generally speaking. Does anyone know of site designers that can work with you in Wordpress to improve your design? I know freelancer.com is a source, but I'd just like to know if there's any other sources.

·
Registered
697 Posts
I can see the site Clay so I don't know what is happening on your end.

Jonathan to find web designers another option would just be searching for local ones or using word of mouth. If you have a good network on LinkedIn just post a status looking for advice. Lastly si de you're in college I would go to the engineering/computer science building a post a want ad on a bulletin board. Surely there are many capable students at your disposal :)

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
This is my business and, to the extent of the website, also my college project. We have another site acting as the home website for now under our current business name, but we plan to roll this out by the turn of 2016.
You need to decide if you want to sell apparel or be a web developer. Trying to do both will most likely leave you behind the power curve on both.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Don't know if it's just me, but your link takes me to a standard Google search page...am I missing something?
I have a service that blocks any non-US traffic, sorry.

Jonathan to find web designers another option would just be searching for local ones or using word of mouth. If you have a good network on LinkedIn just post a status looking for advice. Lastly si de you're in college I would go to the engineering/computer science building a post a want ad on a bulletin board. Surely there are many capable students at your disposal
Thanks for the advice Jenn, I'll look into that :)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.