T-Shirt Forums banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
This is how I see it, 2 and 3 are optional. I guess you just sell blank t-shirts without screen printing? But that isn't entirely obvious, so thought it might help explain things a little better.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Twinge,

Can you tell me a little more about this:The links at the bottom are worse - blatently for boosting search ratings, and they don't even work correctly. Same with the list of links on the site map... It's not worth the possible increase in search engine results for the risk of being blacklisted and the drop in professional appearance.

The site is in PHP and we did a rewrite. Is that what you are talkign about?I'd definately recommend looking at some kind of more dynamic setup (such as php based) instead of the hundreds of single html pages. (I imagine they are auto-generated, but doing that every time you make a change is really excessive and tedious it seems to me.)

What other product would you suggest or how would you suggest them? You may also want to suggest some shirt brands (such as Gildan Ultras) - an uniformed consumer would not know where to begin (The default ones on the front are good, but not really enough IMO).

The 'help department' link doesn't work correctly; it pops up a box only showing html (and this html includes frames -- frames are bad news). I just checked and it works. was there a link or page that did not come up. I know frames are not good but i thought they would be okay and good for the help. instead of a customer losing their spot.

·
Registered
400 Posts
I'm not sure Twinge noticed that you are using mod_rewrite on your pages. It looks like they are all html index pages but I'm sure you have some dynamic scripting beneath all of that. Infact I'l take a guess and say it is PHP.

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
clarkhaddock said:
Can you tell me a little more about this:The links at the bottom are worse - blatently for boosting search ratings, and they don't even work correctly. Same with the list of links on the site map... It's not worth the possible increase in search engine results for the risk of being blacklisted and the drop in professional appearance.
I'm talking about the big list of links you put at the very bottom purely for the purpose of boosting search engine ratings; Adam talked about them some too. They need to be removed. These:

Custom T-Shirt Printing | T-Shirt Printing | Wholesale T Shirt | T Shirt Design | Make Your Own T Shirt
T-Shirt Screen Printing | Design Your Own T Shirt | T Shirt Logo | Personalized T Shirt | Corporate Apparel

You'll have better luck and the site will look more professional if you do SEO correctly. You've got the same thing going on the site map page as well.

clarkhaddock said:
The site is in PHP and we did a rewrite. Is that what you are talkign about?I'd definately recommend looking at some kind of more dynamic setup (such as php based) instead of the hundreds of single html pages. (I imagine they are auto-generated, but doing that every time you make a change is really excessive and tedious it seems to me.)
Adam said:
I'm not sure Twinge noticed that you are using mod_rewrite on your pages. It looks like they are all html index pages but I'm sure you have some dynamic scripting beneath all of that. Infact I'l take a guess and say it is PHP.
Yeah, I didn't notice that... I basically just meant that it looks really weird to me, all the strange-named html pages with numbers and dashes all over the place. OTOH, a set up like that is probably better for SEO (than the standard php pages with ?s in the names and such)... and I don't really know what I'd suggest as a 'better' way to do it anyway. _Definately_ put the css is a seperate file, though.

clarkhaddock said:
What other product would you suggest or how would you suggest them? You may also want to suggest some shirt brands (such as Gildan Ultras) - an uniformed consumer would not know where to begin (The default ones on the front are good, but not really enough IMO).
Seems like something that might be in the FAQ, or even potentially a little tutorial or 'where to begin?' section to help folks that aren't very good at figuring things out, hehe.

clarkhaddock said:
The 'help department' link doesn't work correctly; it pops up a box only showing html (and this html includes frames -- frames are bad news). I just checked and it works. was there a link or page that did not come up. I know frames are not good but i thought they would be okay and good for the help. instead of a customer losing their spot.
Maybe it does in IE -- it does not in Firefox, tried it again myself. Frames may be okay for that part, but I'd have to see it actually working to really say, hehe. I attached what I get in Firefox -- a little pop up window with html.

Attachments

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Can you expliain: You've got the same thing going on the site map page as well.
Are your talking about my content pages I am working on? I stil have a lot of work to do but each page will have a title that fits the information on the page. Wholesale t-shirts for example would be the name of the page and over the main image area. I then talk about what we can do in terms of Wholesale T-shirts on the bottom left in the company services page. I plan on adding unique customer reviews to each topic when ever I get one that fits and changing out hte main image. I will also change the popular products to fit each topic. Will those things (unique heading, unique company services info, unique customer review, popular products) make them okay/a good thing?

Thanks again for the input.

·
Registered
92 Posts
One quick question. Is what I am doing the same as another company? Take a look? if you do searches for all types of phrases you will see their content pages come up. they are, what I think, number one for online business. It does not seem to be hurting them. Only helping.

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
clarkhaddock said:
Can you expliain: You've got the same thing going on the site map page as well.
Talking about this page -- http://www.countrywidepromotions.com/index.html/page/shop-sitemap

Same crap links at the bottom.

clarkhaddock said:
Are your talking about my content pages I am working on? I stil have a lot of work to do but each page will have a title that fits the information on the page. Wholesale t-shirts for example would be the name of the page and over the main image area. I then talk about what we can do in terms of Wholesale T-shirts on the bottom left in the company services page. I plan on adding unique customer reviews to each topic when ever I get one that fits and changing out hte main image. I will also change the popular products to fit each topic. Will those things (unique heading, unique company services info, unique customer review, popular products) make them okay/a good thing?
If they actually contained real content there wouldn't be a problem. Re-linking to your main page (and some of them don't even do that correctly) is just not cool.

clarkhaddock said:
One quick question. Is what I am doing the same as Custom Ink? Take a look? http://www.customink.com/GA/Atlanta...en-Printers.htm if you do searches for all types of phrases you will see their content pages come up. they are, what I think, number one for online business. It does not seem to be hurting them. Only helping.
Interesting... but they don't have anything like that on thier main page, at least. I'd still say that's a pretty bad way to bring folks in, but at least it's seperate from the actual page itself.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
If they actually contained real content there wouldn't be a problem. Re-linking to your main page (and some of them don't even do that correctly) is just not cool.

I am still workign on those pages. The best example of what I am going for it my page:http://www.countrywidepromotions.com/custom-screen-printing.html See how I have a new title, popular products, customer review and the company services is also not the same. I am workign on all of these being the same way. I am going to take off the links at the bottom of my homepage and on the other pages. If I do all that do you think it will be okay?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
hey guys,
i just put out a new ordering set up. If you have a few minutes, take a look. let me know if you see anything that you would change. thanks again.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.