T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Get rid of the hidden text for starters that is just naughty! That isn't going to help you in the long run.

The site looks good. Apart from in Firefox the font for menu looks big and clunky. Looks fine in IE.

I found it easy to navigate. Easy to find help.

What would be nice is something that explains why to register? What happens behind the scenes? There doesn't seem to be much prompting to get people to sign up and that is what your aim is I guess.

The quote system works very well. Is the zip code supposed to be madatory? I'm from the UK so didn't fill it in.

Other than the black hat seo tricks it's good.

·
Registered
400 Posts
I should have commented on the Customize buttons too. They did the same thing as the Add To Cart button.

When I did hit customize I got to choose the quantity. I hit it again I got the screen printing options. Confused I was. It would help if the buttons read Customize Step 1, and Customize Step 2 and then Add To Cart. Maybe also an Add To Cart now without Screen printing / embroidary.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Hidden text: I'm referring to your long list of keywords at the bottom of the page. It is ever so slighty different to the background colour but treading very close to being caught.

Just out of interest did you do that? Or did you hire some bad SEO to do it?

·
Registered
400 Posts
>Gettings crazy with 3 of us psoting at once

That was a strange experience I feel dizzy now :)

·
Registered
400 Posts
Well what use is it to the visitor in that colour? A sensible colour code is going to the correct one, one that somebody can read :).

LOL and now I have just noticed a scolling marquee of unreadable text. Be careful mate, you'll get backlisted before you know it, do you really want that to happen?

Edit: Also those links at the bottom link to dup content of your homepage. Another penalty you might be open to.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Sorry I can't comment on making scrolling text good ;)

But yeah go with white if you really want to keep it.

·
Registered
400 Posts
All bad tricks. Do things the nice way and they will pay off.

BTW just noticed your revised quote page, looks like it will work much better. Fewer steps which is always good. How about the word "optional" next to some of those fields.

Thanks for the comment about my site.

·
Registered
400 Posts
This is how I see it, 2 and 3 are optional. I guess you just sell blank t-shirts without screen printing? But that isn't entirely obvious, so thought it might help explain things a little better.

·
Registered
400 Posts
I'm not sure Twinge noticed that you are using mod_rewrite on your pages. It looks like they are all html index pages but I'm sure you have some dynamic scripting beneath all of that. Infact I'l take a guess and say it is PHP.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.