T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, We just put up our new site and I wanted to see what users thought about it. The look, layout, colors, and most importantly the function. How well users can find what they need, get a quote and know how to place an order. Any suggestions on what I should add? http://www.countrywidepromotions.com

Thanks for taking a look see!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Twinge

I owe you big! When you get your site up send me an email and I will gladdly take a look and let you know what I see. I have wanted advise like this for months and got more from you than 10 other people. I am going to look over it all again and see if I have any questions about your remarks. thanks agian.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
when you say hidden text what do you mean?

We offer free ground shipping so if you do not enter your shipping zip code it does not matter. If you want to over night it or 2nd day you have to enter it in to make those options possible. I hate sites that make you fill in things that seem point less. I did not want someone to leave the site because they had a pop up come up and say your forgot something... Sometime I just leave the site. What would you suggest?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ya, i was not sure what you were talking about the "blue text" I am still working on a few things and I will address the multi browser look when I get those done.

I have also heard that when IE puts out its new version that it will have everything firefox has which means most likly firefox will lose some of it ground.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
How much darker or lighter should it be? Is there a color code i need to go with?

I found the template and then got a programer to make the changes and put in my info. Most of the site is simular to the template. I added the top and bottom. The goal of the top was to make sure the search engine woudl turn in a nice sentence when my site came up. I had an old site and the first things that were shown were Home Company services My account, etc... None of the good contect my site was about.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Not good because it is considered a trick? Bad because it does not look good?
Thanks for the input by the way. I checked out your site. Very nice.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
which fields? Do you mean the screen printing and embroidery? Instead of option? Those are the only optional fields. Once I get rid of the blank option they will have to enter one of the two. What do you suggest?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Twinge,

Can you tell me a little more about this:The links at the bottom are worse - blatently for boosting search ratings, and they don't even work correctly. Same with the list of links on the site map... It's not worth the possible increase in search engine results for the risk of being blacklisted and the drop in professional appearance.

The site is in PHP and we did a rewrite. Is that what you are talkign about?I'd definately recommend looking at some kind of more dynamic setup (such as php based) instead of the hundreds of single html pages. (I imagine they are auto-generated, but doing that every time you make a change is really excessive and tedious it seems to me.)

What other product would you suggest or how would you suggest them? You may also want to suggest some shirt brands (such as Gildan Ultras) - an uniformed consumer would not know where to begin (The default ones on the front are good, but not really enough IMO).

The 'help department' link doesn't work correctly; it pops up a box only showing html (and this html includes frames -- frames are bad news). I just checked and it works. was there a link or page that did not come up. I know frames are not good but i thought they would be okay and good for the help. instead of a customer losing their spot.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Can you expliain: You've got the same thing going on the site map page as well.
Are your talking about my content pages I am working on? I stil have a lot of work to do but each page will have a title that fits the information on the page. Wholesale t-shirts for example would be the name of the page and over the main image area. I then talk about what we can do in terms of Wholesale T-shirts on the bottom left in the company services page. I plan on adding unique customer reviews to each topic when ever I get one that fits and changing out hte main image. I will also change the popular products to fit each topic. Will those things (unique heading, unique company services info, unique customer review, popular products) make them okay/a good thing?

Thanks again for the input.

·
Registered
92 Posts
One quick question. Is what I am doing the same as another company? Take a look? if you do searches for all types of phrases you will see their content pages come up. they are, what I think, number one for online business. It does not seem to be hurting them. Only helping.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
If they actually contained real content there wouldn't be a problem. Re-linking to your main page (and some of them don't even do that correctly) is just not cool.

I am still workign on those pages. The best example of what I am going for it my page:http://www.countrywidepromotions.com/custom-screen-printing.html See how I have a new title, popular products, customer review and the company services is also not the same. I am workign on all of these being the same way. I am going to take off the links at the bottom of my homepage and on the other pages. If I do all that do you think it will be okay?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
hey guys,
i just put out a new ordering set up. If you have a few minutes, take a look. let me know if you see anything that you would change. thanks again.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.