T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi Guys,
Me and my mate recently launched http://www.tshirt-gallery.com/, 7 Ambigram designs of the Seven Deadly Sins. It took us 3 months to put this together. :)

Please give us your honest feedback on the site so we can improve on things. The shopping cart will only be up in Sept so please bear with us.

Many thanks in advance. :D Appreciate!

·
Registered
220 Posts
Hello Jaz. Very nice designs you've got there.

Just two things - 1. I notice you are using tables. You might want to try CSS, the page will load faster and the viewer won't be seeing 'boxes' before everything loads. It's also more flexible and will save you a lot of time when you want to make little changes to the site every now and then.
2. Maybe I'm old, but red font on a black background is a little hard on the eyes.

Hope this helps. All the best!

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Looks good. I like the colours.

I would like to see all the designs on one page, mainly because I hate clicking more than 2-3 times and I would like to see them on a t-shirt so i have an idea of the placement.

I like the site, it's well done, maybe the writing could be a bit bigger.

Lee

·
Registered
138 Posts
Hi Guys,
Me and my mate recently launched eLyTs : tshirt-gallery.com, 7 Ambigram designs of the Seven Deadly Sins. It took us 3 months to put this together. :)

Please give us your honest feedback on the site so we can improve on things. The shopping cart will only be up in Sept so please bear with us.

Many thanks in advance. :D Appreciate!
Hello

On your home page, (the first page that I saw), I would change the letters to upper and lower case instead of all caps. There are too many words on the page to be all caps. It makes it hard to read.

I would put your logo on the top and make it bigger.

Good luck!

·
Registered
314 Posts
the design is not bad at all
i think the "enter site" needs to pop/stand out a little more

also, i htink its better to have the design on shirt as what you see firsdt of instead of having to click on it do see it

if you would prefer leaving it as such, make the "click to see shirt" script larger.

·
Registered
84 Posts
It's a nice start....but after I buy all 7 shirts...then what? I'm done with your company...or...? I think you've screwed yourself on the whole with one set theme. Also...I'd make the discount on the total order better...or maybe instead offer a bonus shirt not available outside of the set. Just a thought. On the aspect of the themed shirts...I think the only one that made sense was Gluttony. The others just seemed like stylized wording. I would ask that you just show the designs rather than having me click on something. I missed it the 1st time and thought the picture window was all there was to see until I read the rest of the thread before making my actual post. I'm not really sure what was going on with the animated GIF...it just flipped the design horizontally and vertical. Eliminate that.

Other than that, it loaded up fast, the dark feel to it reminded me of what will happen if you break the deadly sins. Not bad for only 3 months you say? :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you everyone for visiting our site and we appreciate all the tips and comments!! Wow, this really is a great forum. i can't stop thanking you people! :p

We are thinking of tweaking the site - in fact, some of the contributions like having all on one page is something we are seriously considering, as with the fonts size and colors.

We are kind of stuck at one theme now though, but we will certainly work on expanding that! :D

Thank you all again! i will inform you guys when we finish tweaking it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thanks for the helpful feedback guys. Our site's not converting very well :confused: [perhaps we could see improvements when the shoppign cart's up?]
As a gauge - what numbers of visitors should we expect to see monthly? :) we're not advertising yet? Should we?

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
thanks for the helpful feedback guys. Our site's not converting very well :confused: (perhaps we could see improvements when the shoppign cart's up?)
Actually being able to purchase the items may well help your sales. :)

As a gauge - what numbers of visitors should we expect to see monthly? :) we're not advertising yet? Should we?
Your monthly visitors will depend on what level of interest there is in your products, who your target market is, the size of that target market and how you advertise the site.

Your designs are certainly very unique, but identifying your intended market group may be a little more difficult. I certainly think you need to try selling them at a fair, or market so you can get 'real world' physical feedback, by seeing who is taking an interest in your items. Age, gender, motivation, desire etc. Without having a clear idea of your customer base, you can waste an awful lot of money with advertising.

Hope this helps. :)

·
Registered
99 Posts
Great design and nice original content - the two things I noticed - others did too

Need real pictures of the T-Shirts - need bigger pictures too and a zoom shot of the designs would not hurt either - I would also get shots with real people - but I am also a photographer :)

Also I would dump the guestbook and put in a swanky Blog

·
Premium Member
27,691 Posts
thanks for the helpful feedback guys. Our site's not converting very well :confused: [perhaps we could see improvements when the shoppign cart's up?]
Getting rid of the splash page with the enter here will help. It just adds an extra step for people trying to shop.

Shopping cart will help BIG. The easier you make it to shop, the better.

As a gauge - what numbers of visitors should we expect to see monthly?
As many as possible :) There's no set number. 100 is ok, 1000 is good, 10000 is great, 100,000 is awesome, etc, etc.

we're not advertising yet? Should we?
Only if you want customers to find you :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks guys! 100,000 visitors would be awesome but u are tripping me rite? Nobody gets 100,000 a month rite?

erm, excuse my ignorance - wat kind of advertising works? Are there any other than Adwords?

·
Registered
220 Posts
erm, excuse my ignorance - wat kind of advertising works? Are there any other than Adwords?

It's going to be a lot of trial & error Jaz. You won't immediately find a way of marketing your brand that "just works". And what works for Tom and Sally may not work for you.

Think of a marketing plan, run it by some friends who will be brutally honest with you, if it gets an okay, launch it. Then test, measure, change, repeat.

Some recommended reading:
Seth's Blog: Top 10 Secrets of the Marketing Process

·
Registered
33 Posts
As for the site, may have been pointed out, but get some more imagery happening on the product pages to balance out with the text. Throw in separate images for the front and back shots, and then another of someone wearing the shirt when you can get the photos. Other than that, site is nice.

As for the designs.. I like them a lot, at least the first 4 or 5. Gluttony is definitely my favorite. What's the point of the ambigrams though? I doubt anyone would even really notice, except when maybe handling the shirt? I only say this because you could maybe make the text more legible if you forgot about trying to make it work both upside-down and right-side-up. Other than that, maybe mix up the colors so it isn't all white on black.

Lastly, about the pricing - I'd consider dropping it a little if you can, even if only by a couple dollars. You may find that slightly bumping things down into the twenties actually has an effect on people when it comes to making that decision of whether to buy or not.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts