T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys/Gals,

I have just set up my t-shirt shop http://www.badtees.co.uk, and I was just wondering how you guys think it is best to market this (for free), as I really have no idea where to go from here.

Also, any kind of feedback on the designs would be great :)

Kindest regards

Adam

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Hi Adam and welcome, I'm not sure I can give any advice about getting your stuff out there, some free ways are the usual myspace, facebook, blogging on sites that are age/customer appropriate and contacting small shops to see if they would stock some of your t's.

I looked at your site, it's good I like it, there is a spelling mistake on the arm of Informer and on the t-shirt description (This v-neck shirt from Jt's has a close-fitting, fashionable "Slim Fit" cut. Weighing of 210 g/m², the fabric is a bit heaviert. 100% combed cotton it's breathable and comfortable.) maybe your own labels would be good when you get going.

Good luck

Lee

·
Registered
220 Posts
The site is nice enough, bright & cheery, easy to navigate.
I like 'I wear black cos i'm fat'. as for the rest, i don't get them, especially the 'gay' one. Perhaps i'm not the target market.

Free marketing. It's going to take a lot of reading and a lot of hard work, legwork, trial & error. No one easy way I'm afraid. You could read up a bit on what others have done right here in this forum. Lots of helpful tips, get a good pencil & notebook ready and you'll fill it up in two days.

You could try
- blogging
- linking to other people's websites/ blogs
- leaving constructive comments on other blogs/forums (not spam!) and attach your URL in your signature
- Facebook, possibly, yes
- Telling all your friends, family, etc.
- Get them to tell others
- Tradeshows?
- Wear your own t-shirts everywhere
- You are your best walking advertisement
- Make your friends & family wear your t-shirts everywhere
- check that you have business cards in your wallet before you leave the house
- Sponsor events, participate in charitable causes etc. (this isn't exactly free though..)
- learn to talk about your business & passion without over doing it (if you talk about it too much, people will get sick of hearing about it)
- Be genuinely interested in other people & what they do.

Just off the top of my head. Everything & anything is worth a try. If you're not gonna pay money, you'll pay in time and energy. Start here: T-Shirt Marketing - T-Shirt Forums

1 - 4 of 4 Posts