T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Your site fails the 10 second rule..."If you dont know the purpose of the site in 10 seconds it is a failure"

Never build an entire site in flash. It cant be indexed by search engines, and people who dont have flash player cant see your site.

Never use background music on a website. It is just incredibly annoying. If the user doesnt ask to hear music...dont play it for them! Websites are supposed to give the user control. Do not hijack their computers with annoying music.

Theose bubbles floating around the screen have to go. They are irritating and serve no purpose.

Why is their a giant eye on your site...Arent you selling t-shirts?

This site really serves no purpose. Your cafepress site looks fine. Why not just build a simple homepage on that site. Showcase a few of your best products, and write a little bit about your company.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I'm afraid I have to agree with Jdr in terms of putting together a simple homepage for your cafepress site. If you're going to be bumping people back there when they want to check out your shirts, you might as well start there in the first place. I'd say good useability is having as few clicks as possible between a visitor and the end-goal (your shirts).
Sorry - I know you put some serious work into that flash...
Christopher

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Clearly lots of work....and I know you don't want to hear this....but I was deafened, blinded, and a little sick into my mouth.

I agree with above:

No sound

No floating ball oddness

Never 100% Flash for search engines

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi everyone, thanks for all your input. Looks like i have dropped a major bollock with whatiftees.com site. Will have to rethink the whole site.

Cheers and thanks again:D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts