T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
2,957 Posts
The transition from your main page to the "shop" doesn't seem to be that seemless. It feels like it's taking me someplace else.

It could just be me, though.
It seems as though the shop could look more like your main page or your main page more like the shop. One or the other.:confused: I hope you know what I mean.

I've been trying to deal with cubecart myself over the last week. I've taken a look at their site and some of the sites that are up that are using cubecart. Trying to give it your own look and feel can be chore!

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know it's not perfect. I'm just not sure what else I can do to make it feel seemless.

I've also got some work to do on the colors in Cubecart.

·
Premium Member
27,698 Posts
I think you have a lot of text on the homepage that could be used for product images. It's not instantly clear (at a glance) what you do, or that there are products for sale.

You should put some product images on the main page that link to the pages in your shopping cart where you can but them.

To make it more seamless, you might want to remove some of the outside borders in the cubecart pages and maybe remove the third column on the right and move those elements (shopping cart, popular products, newsletter, free shipping, etc) to the left hand column.

The blue borders around the boxes could be changed to one of the existing colors in the site layout as well.

·
2,957 Posts
I was thinking about that.

Do you think you can accomplish the same thing with the shop being the homepage, as the homepage you have now?

If so, then yes. I would do that. But, that's just me. You wouldn't have to worry about the seamless issue.

·
Premium Member
27,698 Posts
I think your shop would work fine as your homepage. You coud include the same top navigation in your shop pages as well.

I like the subtle design differences between the homepage and the shop page (I prefer the no borders style of the homepage), but I think it could work either way.

Having your homepage as a separate HTML page might give you a bit more flexibility as to the design layout and what you'd want to include.

Like you could use your current static homepage and include thumbnails of your various products that link to their product pages in your store and give it a bit more stylized of a layout.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Yeah, the shopping layout would totally work as your homepage (and I agree with the no-borders sentiment of our fearless leader - that makes for a more elegant feel). I like the subtle polka dot background. Is there a FAQ sometwhere? Nice designs. I'll be ordering a Bio-Hazard for my little screamer.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Yep, I got the same javascript error message on http://www.rocketranger.com but not http://www.rocketranger.com/shop/index.php. According to the error message, it seems like on line 79, character 19, there's a missing ). If you can make the background on your shop pages white, instead of black, I think the transition will be even less noticeable. Also, if you can make the text near your seach box a bit darker, and the background color for the search box itself in something slightly lighter. That will hopefully make it more user friendly. The site is looking great!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts