T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I know this is in the infant stages, but I'd like some feedback before I get in over my head.

This is my new site selling tees from little podunk towns across America. Just want some feedback on color choices for the site etc.

Again, I know it's in the VERY beginning stages. I just hate to go back and alter every page if someone says 'you're colors are all wrong'.

Thanks!

http://www.timbuktees.com

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yep, I know Schenectady too.

I'm really looking for obscure little towns with funny or completely inappropriate names.

For exmple, the town I'm sitting in right now is Mt. Pleasant, IA. It's smack dab in the middle of one of the flattest areas I've ever been in. Nothing but corn for miles and miles. I couldn't resist making fun of that. :)

So, if anyone knows of any other little podunk towns that would be worthy of becoming a t-shirt, let me know. I'll send you a freebie or two if I print them.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
RAHchills said:
Do you plan to market your shirts to local retail establishments in those towns? Even small towns have some kind of fascination with "tourism," and I'd think with your designs that you could capitalize on it somehow.
I was sort of thinking about that, but do you think I would actually offend some of these people?

Also, I was thinking of sending a press release to each of the towns newspapers, if they have one. I'm sure some may be excited to find out that there town is gaining some national recognition. Even though it is VERY limited recognition. :)

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Ooooo....those are some good ones for sure! I have one spot left. I'm going to start out with 6 designs.

I think I may be using one of those!

Thanks. PM me your info so I can send you one once it's printed. :)

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Thanks for the comments. Yeah, I'm building it myself in Dreamweaver. Hopefully I'll be able to wrap it up and launch it officially next week.

I appreciate the feedback. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.