T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally the mould of garment printers are changing.

I have been reading about 2017 and think is going to be an exciting year for established garment printing firms with the introduction the R-Jet 6.

If the R-Jet 6 has the extreme reliability of the R-Jet 5 and the speed of the Brother GT or M-Link printers. We will be printing fast with a reliable printer that does not have high maintenance costs :)

http://www.printwearandpromotion.co.uk/breaking-mould-2017/

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
That's super exciting. I saw M&R's soon-to-be-released $15,000 CTS printer last week and thought how amazing it is that the industry moves forward with more competitive solutions to help the smaller companies get a foothold.

I'm assuming the RJet6 will use Ricoh printheads -- now that Ricoh owns Anajet, it appears they're investing more long term into DTG rather than looking at it like a flea that keeps biting. The MLink printers were amazing (I demoed both last week as well) and the more competition there is in the Ricoh-based DTG market, the better prices and performance is going to be.

I'm not sure any DTG printer is reliable enough yet, though. What we need is more investment in ink technology versus just the machinery itself. The ink has always been the harshest mistress for any of us printers, even when I have everything perfectly maintained and running heavy, I still will run into ink starvation issues here and there. Sadly, TiO2 is going to be our enemy as it's still the whitest thickest pigment available.

·
Registered
837 Posts
I'm assuming the RJet6 will use Ricoh printheads -- now that Ricoh owns Anajet, it appears they're investing more long term into DTG rather than looking at it like a flea that keeps biting. The MLink printers were amazing (I demoed both last week as well) and the more competition there is in the Ricoh-based DTG market, the better prices and performance is going to be..
Brian,

I will be releasing more official information on the R6 in the not to distant future. I agree with your views on the CTS market, it is very exciting and one until now exclusive to high end high priced equipment. Now there are more systems around the small to middle size screen printer can enjoy the benefits of direct to screen.

Regards

Colin

·
Registered
34 Posts
Finally the mould of garment printers are changing.

I have been reading about 2017 and think is going to be an exciting year for established garment printing firms with the introduction the R-Jet 6.

If the R-Jet 6 has the extreme reliability of the R-Jet 5 and the speed of the Brother GT or M-Link printers. We will be printing fast with a reliable printer that does not have high maintenance costs :)

Breaking the mould in 2017 - Printwear & Promotion
Resolution DTG Publication
Stand Number: B20
The R-Jet 6, big brother to the R-Jet 5 will be making its first UK appearance at the show including live printing demonstrations.
But R-jet 6 not was ready for printing at the show !!

·
Registered
837 Posts
The R-Jet 6, big brother to the R-Jet 5 will be making its first UK appearance at the show including live printing demonstrations.
Sorry to disappoint you, it was printing at the show just not on the day you visited. Have you not seen the video from the show?

·
Registered
34 Posts

No … Your assistant says R-jet 6 not ready to printing iat the schow !

1 - 9 of 9 Posts