T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it me.. or am I seeing the same questions asked a zillion times.. As we all know everyone is welcomed here and there is no question I think that does not go unanswered but if the new people that have questions do themselves a favor and use the search for a lot of the answers. There is so much information here that it overwhelms me. There is more than one pro here that already answered the questions you may want to ask. If you can't find the answer then go ahead and ask. I hate to see you guys waiting for an answer to your question for a long time. I think the reason for that is the people that have the answers already answered and don't want to beat a dead horse.. yeah and why would one beat a dead horse. From a teaching standpoint I would ask that each student make a list of questions. Go to search and plug. And then bring me $5.00 for my poker fund.. And kids don't tell your parents.. it is secret between you and me.. ;)

·
Premium Member
27,691 Posts
:this thread is moved out of the forums:

Hi Lou, I know you're trying to help, but messages like this are not very welcoming for new posters.

Not everyone knows how to use the search, what terms to search for, how to use a forum, etc.

So while WE see the same topics over and over, a new person to the site has NO idea what has been talked about or what keywords to use to pull up the past coversation.

Please don't post threads telling new folks how to post and when to post :) Please leave that up to me.

I don't want your good intentions to be misread by someone new that may not know that you are trying to be helpful by recommending the search. They may think you are being rude for not wanting them to post a question.

That's just the nature of forums.There will be lots of reposted questions as new members join. Even if I posted a sticky at the top of each forum with the most asked quesitons answered, people would still ask the same questions because this is a "discussion" forum.

If you see the same question posted over and over and you don't feel like answering it for the 100th time, feel free to just pass that question over. Noone expects you to field them all :) Even with the MHM title, you aren't expected to answer everything :)

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Even with the MHM title, you aren't expected to answer everything [/QUOTEI'm not.. With great power comes great responsibility.. I actually thought about it after I wrote it.. and for some reason I knew I was going to get this response from you.. you're right.. ]

·
Premium Member
27,691 Posts
No worries though...I understand where you're coming from Lou.

I'm working on something right now that should help with some of the repeated questions (making the answers much easier to find).

That way some of the common questions will be in a central location (where we can point people to a specific link for an answer), and we can contribute more knowledge in an easy to read format.

Some people prefer having "just the facts" with no discussion. Some people prefer to read a book and get the answers themselves, some people prefer to be "taught" with a discussion or a video or a topic, and some people want to hear different opinions on a topic. Hopefully we'll have it all covered here soon enough :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts