T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really want to learn more about screen printing and maybe start my own shop. Which makes more since when starting out, buying used, which may save a few bucks but can a new guy safely buy used and know the equipment is in good shape, or should a new person buy new and know the equipment is in good shape.

I see pro's and Con's to both.

·
Premium Member
4,202 Posts
Used can get your business running well. The only thing with used equipment is there are no warranties. That's the one disadvantage. So IMO it depends on the type of equipment. The more involved the equipment, it's probably better to buy new. The more simplistic, used is definitely viable.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the reply, so are 4 station presses bullet proof or can they a bad thing to buy used?

buying things you know little about kind of sucks, I can go buy a used car, because I know what to look for and look out for but printing equipment that I know little about is another story.

I was thinking about a start up kit from RYONET, but I know ALOT of people buy stuff to run their own business and FAIL then try to unload it pretty cheap .... who knows what I'll end up doing.

·
Premium Member
4,202 Posts
It depends on the press. Most are good and what normally breaks are springs or nuts etc. But you really have to be rough on it. My guess is for something like that you should be ok. Micro registration is always a plus. That's a feature that will save time for tight registration and is worth the investment.

·
Registered
117 Posts
a used press is just fine. like said make sure it has micro adjustments and is in over all good working order. I mean, if the thing is bent in places, pas son it. If it just needs a good cleaning and the boards are nice and flat...go for it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts