T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I discovered this thread while searching online for information about heat transfer vs. silk screening. I am a new mom who just cut back her hours from FT to 3/4 time. While it gives me a little more time at home with my new baby, I'm trying to think up ways to make up the cash loss. I have a pretty good idea for making baby gear - onesies, tshirts, etc. but need to find out how to get my great ideas - pictures, text, etc. onto the clothing. If I want to be able to create multiple designs and use multiple colors, do you think heat transfers is the way to go? I could justify the few hundred dollars for a beginners heat press. Silk screening seems like a much bigger expensive and the more colors the more $, right? Also, what different types of materials will I need to be able to transfer onto light versus dark clothing. I think black baby clothes are cool and kind of retro but I'm learning that the same supplies don't do for dark clothing, Any help anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Hi Patty

Welcome to the forum:) Depending on cash flow and biz model there are some different options for you. A heat press is definitely the cornerstone of those options. For baby clothes you might even consider just getting a cap press and using it, depending on how large of designs you will want. Depending on the type of design you might consider ordering custom plastisol transfers, or maybe printing your own designs out on an inkjet printer.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi Patto, me too, I have found that a heat press is definately the way to go, I have been designing and just using the old iron but for selling commercially you would definately need a press. I just didnt expect the response I have been getting at that was just from my son wearing his tee shirt on the street.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts