T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks! Checking in from Milwaukee, WI. Beer, brats, and bikes pretty much covers the local culture. I hope to pick some brains here for knowledge and ideas. Who knows, maybe I'll be here long enough to be the one giving advice to the newcomers. :)

Found your site with a google search. I am looking into making some custom shirts or having some made. I have found the best way to learn what your options are for a project you know nothing about is to ask the folks that love doing it! I hope I found the right place.

So I'll post my questions in the appropriate forum.

Thanks, Bobby

·
Registered
8,082 Posts
welcome....first you have to decide which venue you want to try...inkjet transfers, laser transfers, sublimation transfers, heat press vinyl for garments, vinyl for signs, plastisol transfers, screen priinting. All of these have thread associated with them...read them all..to begin, I would suggest you outsource before investing a lot of $$. you will need as a minmum a printer compatible with your venue, a decent graphic program (inkscape and gimp are free..one is vector art like Corel or illustrator and the other a photoshop type) and then the paper of choice...are you doing white/light or dark...there is huge differences..but after reading up on these items, you will be in a better position to decide which to do.

You should not expect to make enough $$ to start that would replace your regular salary...this is not instant weath...but you can make $$

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Where would you recommend out sourcing too? I am looking to have a white silhouette pic put onto black t-shirts and hoodies.

·
Registered
8,082 Posts
if the image is just a white silhouette..on black...couple options...my first choice would be someone doing heatpress vinyl using a vinyl cutter and heat press...second choice would be screen printing...but screen printing cost more for short runs...for the vinyl...I am sure there are some members doing this...in your area...if not...pm me

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
if the image is just a white silhouette..on black...couple options...my first choice would be someone doing heatpress vinyl using a vinyl cutter and heat press...second choice would be screen printing...but screen printing cost more for short runs...for the vinyl...I am sure there are some members doing this...in your area...if not...pm me

How do I find someone in my area?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi folks! Checking in from Milwaukee, WI. Beer, brats, and bikes pretty much covers the local culture. I hope to pick some brains here for knowledge and ideas. Who knows, maybe I'll be here long enough to be the one giving advice to the newcomers. :)

Found your site with a google search. I am looking into making some custom shirts or having some made. I have found the best way to learn what your options are for a project you know nothing about is to ask the folks that love doing it! I hope I found the right place.

So I'll post my questions in the appropriate forum.

Thanks, Bobby
Hi! I'm in Wisconsin too. :)Just beginning to find out about things too. I'm an artist that wants to put my designs on tshirts. This forum is a great place. It's nice to meet another Wisconsin person on here. I wonder if there are others...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts