T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,661 Posts
I've seen this before in another thread. I believe Rodney supplied the link. If you do a search, you should be able to turn up the other thread for more info and input.

If I remember, I believe it was discussed to approach newer models who may do the shoot free in trade for an opportunity to build their portfolio.

Good luck.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Depending on what your designs are, you could probably find girls through friends, family, churches, walking through Walmart, etc.

·
Premium Member
7,661 Posts
I will say, professional models appear different in print than your "everyday" girl will b/c of poise, still, not all models are created equally. Contacting local talent agencies and local modeling schools can be a great resource for less pricey help. Good luck.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I live in rural Maine, not much here. This is why I look to the internet for help. Not alot of talent agencies here. Everyone leaves for the city to get this kind of work .

·
Premium Member
7,661 Posts
I live in rural Maine, not much here. This is why I look to the internet for help. Not alot of talent agencies here. Everyone leaves for the city to get this kind of work .
Does that mean you'd have to travel to the city to meet with the model there? Do you have a local photographer that has a studio, or a local town newspaper with a photographer? Just wondering how small is small. I'd say the same thing about my town, but it's all relative, ya know?

·
Registered
487 Posts
I bet I could go up to Cabela's and recruit some models. Let them keep what they model, and not have to pay a penny more. Although, I think with this market, I couldn't actually use the term "model" or I don't think they'd do it. LOL!!

I had a vision in mind of maybe a few guys sitting around in a lodge drinking a few beers, by the fire, with big trophy heads on the log pine walls.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Oh, if anyone can supply models or find models for me, let me know.
I will need some models (preferably based on the "Will-model-for-free-tshirts" concept) in mid-April or May. :D

·
Premium Member
7,661 Posts
I bet I could go up to Cabela's and recruit some models. Let them keep what they model, and not have to pay a penny more. Although, I think with this market, I couldn't actually use the term "model" or I don't think they'd do it. LOL!!

I had a vision in mind of maybe a few guys sitting around in a lodge drinking a few beers, by the fire, with big trophy heads on the log pine walls.

Sounds just like Cabela's catalog, minus the beer. It's perfect for your product. Your site and shirts are super nice. What a great idea to find "real" guys at Cabela's. I wonder if they'd ever let you do a shoot on the premises. I wonder what would get to them say yes. Their stores are just a perfect setting for a shoot. Be great to get your shirts in there. Oh well, best wishes, Ann. Hope it all works out for you, I love your shirts, and pics, and wish you much success. If in the end, something works out with your idea of getting the guys from Cabela's, will you update the thread? I'd love to know. :)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts