T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. We are just getting started on selling merchandise, t-shirts, first sales due to our family of course, check us out at www.whozridingwho.com.

We'll be launching another site shortly, www.HolyGoodnight.com. Stay tuned.

I'm most interested in where you are all finding the most profit with quality intact. I'm impressed with the end product of cafepress.com, but would eventually like to move it to independent grounds with more profit without having to increase the cost to end users. I'm a big fan of American Apparel....

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,800 Posts
:welcome:

your main page takes too long to load. I gave up.

can you give me another URL past the main page ? so i can look at your stuff ?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Jasonda: Sorry for the mistyped link. May I ask, I am not yet sure of all forum rules, under your name it says "report bad post"...have I posted wrong?

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
I did 2 things while loading your site.. I learned to count to 100 and won 2 hands of poker. I like the idea and the characters though. I think you going in the right direction. back to the game.

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
WhyNot said:
under your name it says "report bad post"...have I posted wrong?
That link appears under every single post: it's just a shortcut link so that any post can be easily reported by clicking on the link if someone posts something wrong.

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
The complaints about load times are valid; I know you probably spent a lot of time and/or money making the flash intro page, but it really isn't a good idea. In addition to the slow loading time (which will instantly alienate dialup customers), search engines cannot browse flash -- and will therefore be unable to index your website at all.

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
Hmm... on the slow loading time: I just noticed that the site was only downloading at 256kbps (i.e. around 26k/s). So not only are you asking people to download a large flash file, but it's not even downloading at a reasonable speed for their connection (i.e. it should be downloading at at least twice that rate on my connection). It could be an issue my end, but it doesn't look like it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for giving me insight as to the "bad post".

As to the loading, we knew we were having trouble with the load time at certain speeds but did not fully appreciate the extent of the problem.

I appreciate all of the feedback, we'll use it in the overhaul. Very valuable.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts